Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezes (No BSOD)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 catcher1

catcher1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:18 AM

Hello

I am using Windows 10 Home.

I updated to the Fall Creators Update (1709) about a week ago and the install went OK.

My computer froze earlier when my browser and a few other applications were open (I wasnt gaming when the freeze happened)

I just clicked on a picture to view in 'Photos' and immediately my computer froze (I am not sure it is the cause, it might as well been a coincidence) - Now I can open Photos / game and browse and all is OK so far.

There is no minidump (as there was no BSOD, just freeze) so I am not sure what you need in order to help me get to the bottom of this.

I am using an SSD for my OS and just updated its driver (was using a previous driver version before the freeze and didnt know a new one was released)

Any info you need I will post to help me understand what caused this, thank you :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,380 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:29 AM

If it was only the one time I wouldn't worry about it. But if it does happen again the first thing I'd suggest is to roll back the SSD driver to the previous version and see if that helps.

#3 catcher1

catcher1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:37 AM

Let me explain a bit more regarding the SSD driver

I was using SSD driver version X for months, also before updating to Fall Creators Update, and then wasn't any BSODs or freezes (well there was one BSOD but i think it was because of new hardware and was fixed)

I updated to Fall Creators Update and was still using version X of the SSD driver. About a week later (today), a freeze happened.

Now I updated the SSD driver to the newer (lets call it Y) Y version just now, after the freeze.

I thought I can post something else because there isn't any minidump, maybe from event viewer? to help understand what caused this.

But I will keep using the computer and see if this returns.

Edited by catcher1, 09 November 2017 - 09:38 AM.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,380 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:27 AM

Okay, got it. Yes, let's see if it happens again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users