Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do it remove this malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust

• Members
  • 310 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:54 AM

So for weeks now a fake Chrome app had been constantly coming back to my phone every time i uninstalled it and until 2-3 days ago a fake email and Facebook app have started appearing too and they all require a ridiculous amount of permissions (ESPECIALLY the Facebook one as you can see in the video i recorded which has administrator permissions or atleast the next closest thing to that.).

While the fake Chrome only showed the occasional ad (Never more than 2-3 times a day.) recently the fake email and FB one have started installing apps on their own (With the installation prompts for each of them showing up.) and letting them run in the background (I can't find the installed apps on the home screen or Settings>Applications or through ES File Explorer either) but once i uninstall the fake apps the ones they installed stop running.

Imgur album of some things i found myself: https://imgur.com/a/2mtoC

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuFmR-6w2qc

Also i tried booting into safe mode but it didn't go as expected.

Edited by hamluis, 09 November 2017 - 08:16 AM.
Moved from Android OS to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

Twitter

Discord:inkoalawetrust#9783

Website

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 70,507 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:41 PM

Hello star here

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.
  • Link 1
  • Link 2
    • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
    • If using Vista/Windows7, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
    • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
    • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
    • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
    • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
  • Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.
Download 51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.exe to start the installation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation. You can find the complete installation procedure here.
  • Click the Scan Now button, a threat scan will start automatically.
  • MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will now check for the latest updates. Click Update Now if new updates are available.
  • Your computer is now being scanned, please do not use your computer during the scan.
    • If no threats were found, click View detailed log.
      • Click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.
    • If the scan detected any threats, click Apply Actions.
      • To complete any actions taken you will be prompted to restart your computer...click on Yes.
      • After reboot, start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and click the History Tab at the top and select Application Logs.
      • Check the box next to Scan Log. Choose the most current scan and click View.
      • Click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.
  • Providing the MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware log file
    • Attach the log file you just saved to your next reply for further review.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users