Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

KEYBOARD UNRESPONSIVE! HELP PLEASE!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pureferrous

pureferrous

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:21 PM

I just bought a mechanical gaming keyboard off amazon, a knockoff brand, EleEnter Game 2. It worked fine out of the box, lighting was fine, and still is. I normally set my computer to sleep when I'm done using it. Yesterday I put it on hibernate mode, and after turning it on, the lighting worked, a rainbow wave, but the keyboard is totally unresponsive. I NEED HELP. No matter where I plug it in, the keyboard won't register a click. This is painful because I just bought the damn thing and have no idea how to get a refund. There's also extremely limited customer support (the keyboard is a knockoff Chinese brand, EleEnter). It would be awesome to get some help! Also, I tried changing USB ports and uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, but nothing makes the keyboard responsive. Thanks a lot in advance for the help! I am using windows 10 64 bit with a ryzen 5 1600 and an msi gtx 1060.

Edited by pureferrous, 09 November 2017 - 09:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 290 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:35 AM

I hate sleep/hibernation modes!  windows is more reliable if you just shutdown completely when done.

have you done a shutdown and restart and then checked it?

#3 TyronSmiteApril

TyronSmiteApril

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:55 PM

I hate sleep/hibernation modes!  windows is more reliable if you just shutdown completely when done.

have you done a shutdown and restart and then checked it?

^definitely restart/shutdown if you haven't since the issue happened.  Possibly try another computer with the keyboard, if the keyboard works on another PC it will at least let us know the issue is with the computer and not the keyboard. If it doesn't work the issue would probably have to be with the drivers for the keyboard or the keyboard entirely. If it doesn't work at all on another computer either I would contact the OEM or post on the original item on amazon as the sellers may refund or have RMA options. 

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:13 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I'm with mightywiz, I hate sleep and hibernation.

I also agree with TyronSmiteApril that a restart would be the first thing to try.  If you can't shut it down properly because of the keyboard issue, hold down the power button until it turns off, normally about 10 seconds.

#5 pureferrous

pureferrous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:52 PM

Ill try that

#6 pureferrous

pureferrous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:08 PM

Haha I fixed it. I mashed buttons when the keyboard was connected to my other keyboard and it registered! Sweet

#7 TyronSmiteApril

TyronSmiteApril

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

:clapping: Excellent!  :clapping:

#8 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,485 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:30 PM

Another sleep/hibernate fault.  Luckily it didn't create any other bad things to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users