Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox print/save webpage to pdf without add-ons, forgot how

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,788 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:10 PM

A few months ago, late at night when I was tired, I was using firefox to browse some webpages. I managed to do something which let me save them to pdf format. I know that chrome has a built in way to print to pdf which is very easy to use, but I don't use chrome much nowadays, and I know there are firefox add-ons which let you print to pdf, but I didn't want to add extra add-ons and slow the browser down. I remember that I "printed" a webpage to pdf with firefox and without any add-ons, and that there was no special software on my computer which acts as a printed but infact writes to pdf (the way that MS office XPS writer can for xps files), but I don't remember what I a actually did. I have the downloaded pdfs to prove that I was able to do it so I didn't dream it. Can anyone remind me what the trick was?
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 5,376 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:22 PM

I don't doubt you did it, but I doubt that you did it without either an add-on or a virtual printer such as PDFCreator installed on the system at the time.

I can find absolutely nothing that indicates that random webpages can be saved by native Firefox in PDF format, including in their help pages.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website address in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users