Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recommend cable modem with WiFi

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GoshenBleeping

GoshenBleeping

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:36 AM

My ISP is Cox. I currently rent my cable modem, UBEE DDW365, from Cox. I connect my laptop to the cable modem via WiFi rather than wired Ethernet. 

I want to purchase a modem to save on rental fees. Cox has a long list of modems that are certified to work with the Cox network. I could go through this list one item at a time looking at user reviews. But I thought I would first canvass readers of this forum for a recommendation for a reliable cable modem with WiFi. The modem should be DOCSIS 3.0 or 3.1.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:16 PM

make sure you look at how many downstreams & upstreams your modem support.   your cable company will rent you an 8 down x 4up (crappy modem).

i just purchased a 16 down x 8 up and I gotten rid of lag issue with gaming and streaming video at the same time. this is great for 100mb to 300mb connections.

meaning my son can be gaming on his xbox one and my wife on facebook and me streaming video on my android tv box and have no issues whatsoever.

now if your system is faster then 300mb I would recommed a 32 down x 16up modem.

you'll have to research which modems are supported on your cable network.  but you should be able to find what you need googling it.

all modems now are DOCSIS 3.X.    if you want performance then follow my recommendation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users