Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game Controllers un-responsive after few seconds/minutes, still "connected"/powe

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SynchronicityII

SynchronicityII

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:47 AM

Hi there

I've got an issue that cropped up recently where my controllers (Xbox One controller via USB, and Playstation DS3 controller via USB (using SCP Server to have it identified as an Xbox 360 controller), are becoming un-responsive, sometimes after just 20 seconds or so of being plugged in.

Using USBDeview I can see that the controllers are still considered to be connected, and the lights remain on on the controllers at all times during the issue, as well as no device disconnected/connected sound from windows. However to get any input from the controllers I have to try and unplug and replug the USB cable in mid-game.

I am plugged into a powered USB hub (9v) by Amazon Basics, which I had no issues with prior to about a week ago, I am unable to plug directly into my computer as my USB ports got fried about a year ago, and I had to get a PCI-E>USB Port which only has 4 ports which are all used up.

The controller still has this issue even when it is the only device plugged into the USB Hub.

Are there anyways I can find out what is causing this issue through something like the Windows Event Viewer or something similar?

Many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users