Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the best way to convert iTuns m4v to avi on Windows 7?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Randy_Abigail

Randy_Abigail

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:44 AM

I bought couples of iTunes m4v movies and I hear avi is best for editing, is that right? How can I convert iTunes m4v to avi in a easy way? I am grateful for any help. 

Edited by hamluis, 08 November 2017 - 10:23 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Audio/Video Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:59 AM

What you are asking might not be legal. When you "buy" a movie you do not actually own the movie, you own the right to view the movie. Editing a bought movie is a violation of the legal rights associated with the movie itself.

Besides the legal concerns there is associated many artistic and technical issues that go with your question.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Randy_Abigail

Randy_Abigail
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:18 PM

Differ from the common videos, iTunes m4v are drm protected, so you can't convert or edit iTunes videos officially. But no worries, there does a lot of third party DRM removal software can help. Take the DRmare M4V to AVI Converter for example, it can help you remove DRM and convert iTuens m4v to AVI file, then you can edit the AVI easily. 

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:56 AM

What you are suggesting is DEFINITELY against the law. Why are you doing this even though you know that you are breaking the law?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 282 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:25 PM

video is the same as audio, you have to keep it in the format you purchased & downloaded it as.  you are not allowed to "mediashift" it to a different format.

Edited by mightywiz, 14 November 2017 - 05:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users