Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Instant" and probably "heading to the grave" HDD failure

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,685 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:24 PM

Brian:

I use the paid products from both Easeus and Macrium.  Since I assist a lot of older people here in the community with their computer issues, I usually recommend Easeus Todo Backup Home, because it is so simple.  Personally I prefer Macrium because it is faster, but the interface can be daunting for some who are not all that computer literate.

Another option with Easeus Todo Backup Home (ETBH) is to just connect your backup drive, and you can then use Windows File Explorer to navigate down to the folder, or folders, where any files that you want are located.  There is not any need to even mount the ETBH image file.  Also Easeus makes available, for free, a utility called TBImageExplorer, which does pretty much the same thing for you, but you don't even have to have ETBH installed on your computer.

Good luck.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users