Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop screen LED flickering

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mack30

mack30

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:23 AM

I have an old atom processor based netbook which i plan to use for my embedded projects now. But screen flickering issue gets very irritating. After multiple attempts of flap opening and closing and reboots the screen works, sometimes doesn't. I want to solve the problem. My guess is it probably the back light LED, but i don't know how to approach to solve the issue.

You can get better idea from the video link below.

https://youtu.be/qWy8-jJoWG4

PS:- I have posted the same qury on reddit as well but didn't get any response so approaching this forum for answers.

reddit link:- https://www.reddit.com/r/Tech_Support/comments/7asatp/laptop_screen_issue_any_suggestions_how_to_solve/

Edited by mack30, 07 November 2017 - 07:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 864 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:46 AM

Slapping it around / opening and closing , getting frustrated wont help. { it ,ll get worse }.

The Video show a obvious loose connection or part broken cable within the unit.

It will need to be disassembled and checked , all wiring , connections , so forth.

There are a multitude of videos { Youtube } to pull apart / inspect / and reassemble and test.

#3 mack30

mack30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

Hey @Havachat. Thank you for your response. Well i dont know ...probably i was feeling lazy or little scared about "What if i land up screwing the whole system in the process".

But after reading your comment i thought "Hey, I have to give it a try." and I did and it solved the problem.

As you said it was bad LCD connection. The metallic frame was not latched, hence not providing the mechanical stability it needed. I just had to push that latch and viola...perfectly working laptop.

Thank you again.

connector.jpg.

#4 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 864 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:57 AM

Good to Hear you fixed it , most problems you have to have a go at it , plenty of info to assist on Youtube , have patience , take your time , think twice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users