Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound When Watching Dvd Movies On My Computer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SPL Tech

SPL Tech

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 22 September 2006 - 11:37 PM

I am trying to play a DVD rip on my computer and I am not getting any audio. I have downloaded three DVD playing programs and none of them will play the audio. I have tried sticking in a DVD movie and once again I get no audio. However I have audio on all other types of video formats. What’s going on?
CPU: Core Two Duo 2.13 GHz. E6400 OC'ed to 3.0 GHz. / 380 FSB RAM: 2 GB. Corsair 800 MHz. XMS2 DDR2
GPU: X1900XT 512MB Connect3D Mobo: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
PSU: 535 watt Enermax Whisper II HD: (2) 320 GB. Seagate Barracuda 16 MB. 7,200 RPM SATA II
OD: 52X DVD±RW Monitors: (2) Hanns-G JW199D 19" 16:10 widescreen DVI in extended desktop mode

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2006 - 12:19 AM

Do you have the proper codec to play that file type? Try to download and install this pack http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_in_1.htm and if you have any problems afterwards, check out the audio section on this forum.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:27 AM

Is this a commercially made DVD movie?

What player are you using to play it?

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:26 PM

Are you able to play CDs in your drive?

Have you checked the volume control for CD and AUX? It may be shut off.

Your message suggests that you are getting the picture part but not the audio. Have I interpreted this correctly?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users