Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo thinkcentre black screen after usb inserted, loud fan noise

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Angidross

Angidross

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:06 AM

Hi all
I have a windows Lenovo think centre all in one touch screen pc and I put my usb stick in the port and it made a funny noise, the screen turned yellow so I switched it off. I looked in the USB port and the little black plastic piece thats usually there has gone.
Now it will not work. I switch it on and the fan is very loud and Just a black screen .
Im sure something has popped
Any help out there please
Thanks in advance
Angi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 290 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:14 PM

did any pins get bent over in the usb port? if so then you need to remove the pins in it as the 5v pin may be shorting to the metal shielding(ground).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users