Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intermittent keyboard fail & jerky mouse

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 johnweyjuga

johnweyjuga

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:39 AM

COMPUTER: HP 27-n101a Pavilion

PROBLEM: Intermittent keyboard fail and jerky mouse. Keyboard and mouse are a wireless combo by HP

EXAMPLES: Everyone knows jerky mouse but intermittent keyboard fail is, but the keyboard is another matter

I TYPE:

This is the way I type content to show Bleeping Computer forum an example

BUT I GET:

Th  ty enty o shhhhh o n ex

But if I type slow enough there isn't a problem

PLEASE NOTE:

HP tech support has completed ALL possible remote tests and sent a tech to my place. He replaced my keyboard/mouse but it didn't solve the problem. ore than that he had no idea except replacing the hard drive which has tested fine quite a number of times.

MY THEORY:

I think this must be some kind of memory issue because:

When the keyboard plays up, the mouse is jerky

When the keyboard types fine, the mouse moves fine

Sometimes the keyboard improves if I shut Firefox

The slower I type, the better the keyboard performs

A restart sometimes helps when the problem really gets bad

I don't know what to do - my expertise is with graphics and websites, not memory-inside-the-computer stuff

Cheers, John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users