Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advice on which tablet to buy please

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Serendipity1

Serendipity1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:01 PM

I'm getting really confused which tablet to go for, lol. I don't use tablets for major games (I pc/xbox game) just for smaller ones (ie Clash of Clans, quiz games etc), youtube, netflix, general internet browsing etc...

I've narrowed in down to 5 in my price range...

Bush Spira B3 (both 8in and 10in), Bush Spira B2, Lenovo tab 3 10'' and Lenovo tab 4 HD.

From what I can see the only differences between the 3 spira's is that the b3's can both take a bigger sd card, and supposedly the B3 10'' and the B2 have longer battery life than the b3 8in (twice as long apparently). But the internal mem, ram and processor are the same on all 3.

The difference between the 2 lenovo's is literally that the tab 4 has a 1.4Ghz qualcomm snapdragon apq8017, and the tab 3 has a 1.3Ghz snapdragon apq8009... I'm not sure whether this difference in processor is worth forking out the extra money for the tab 4? Everything else on the 2 of them seems to be the same.

The difference between the Spira's and Lenovo's is that the Spira's all have 32GB internal mem (compared to the 16GB's of the Lenovo's) and all have a larger SD capacity. But the Lenovo's are Snapdragon (compared to the Spira's being MediaTek) and are both (supposedly) up to 10 hrs battery life.

As you can see I've been doing my reserach but I'm still confused as to which one to go for, lol.

Any input/advice on these models and which may be the best? Thanks in advance :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:11 PM

I did a lot of looking last Xmas for tablets and found the boundary between 720p and 1080p is around $100. in price.  Size is even bigger at $150 between an 8 inch and a 10 inch unit.  I was very impressed with Lenovo's Tab 2 A10-70.  Besides being 10 inch and 1080p was $200. below the price of any other offering.  AND I found it on black Friday for $150.  Such a deal that I went back a week later and got another for the wife.  Very nice units, long battery life (14 hours) and a very sharp display.  I found the BobJGear  protective holder that covers the whole unit except the face making it very sturdy and durable.  I don't know of any offering to date that matches this but the holidays are coming and there's sure to be plenty of offerings and deals to be had.

#3 Serendipity1

Serendipity1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:24 PM

I did a lot of looking last Xmas for tablets and found the boundary between 720p and 1080p is around $100. in price.  Size is even bigger at $150 between an 8 inch and a 10 inch unit.  I was very impressed with Lenovo's Tab 2 A10-70.  Besides being 10 inch and 1080p was $200. below the price of any other offering.  AND I found it on black Friday for $150.  Such a deal that I went back a week later and got another for the wife.  Very nice units, long battery life (14 hours) and a very sharp display.  I found the BobJGear  protective holder that covers the whole unit except the face making it very sturdy and durable.  I don't know of any offering to date that matches this but the holidays are coming and there's sure to be plenty of offerings and deals to be had.

Hey, thanks for your input. Camera isn't really that important to me as I have a digital camera and I doubt I'll be using the tablet camera THAT much. I'm not sure if that one is still sold here, or how much it is (I'm in the UK), but the ones I listed I found on a popular retailer over here and I can get BNPL, so that's why I'm looking at those ones. So any input on the ones I listed (or the differences that I mentioned between them) would be greatly appreciated, thank you :) 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,673 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:07 PM

You may want to take a look at the RCA Galileo with a detachable keyboard though it does have a mediatek processor with 1024 x 600 resolution. I'm not sure of your location but if you have a walmart nearby it has the best deal for this tablet.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Galileo-Pro-11-5-32GB-2-in-1-Tablet-with-Keyboard-Case-Android-6-0-Marshmallow/53990867#read-more

https://rcaav.com/tablets/android/11-galileo-pro/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users