Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help with laptop specs,

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Anonoriginal

Anonoriginal

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:44 PM

I apologize in advance if links are against the rules but I need help,

Does anybody here know anything about An AMD A12 9720p SoC processor?

I also need information on the "AMD Radeon r7 Bristol Ridge" Intergrated Graphics,

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-A12-9720P-SoC-Benchmarks-and-Specs.234448.0.html

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R7-Bristol-Ridge.178593.0.html

Those who know about computers and such
Tell me if these are good or bad for gaming
(Not 2017 titles but stuff from 2013-2015 maybe with the occasional new indie title)

I just need to know if the laptop I'm looking into buying is good for light gaming with the processor and graphics.

The page is pretty gibberish to me. I just need to know what it can handle (not AAA games obviously)

The heaviest game I play on my PC is Skyrim
Not even SE, just regular.

all I want to know is simple,
Is the laptop good for light gaming? Like skyrim (not SE), emulation, and retro games from the 90's and early 2000's? It sounds silly but that's my questions.

SO! Please help me computer wizards! :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 5,361 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

Take a look at AMD's own page for the A-Series laptop APUs:  https://www.amd.com/en-us/products/processors/laptop-processors?utm_campaign=apu&utm_medium=redirect&utm_source=301

I currently have two laptops in my household with A-Series APUs, and older ones (An A6 and A8).   The A12 should be just fine for gaming of the nature you describe.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website address in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#3 Anonoriginal

Anonoriginal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:44 PM

Right, I've never used an AMD chip or processor
I've heard good things
I've heard bad things.

I'm not looking to play AC origins or run a PS3 emulator,
Just play games like I mentioned,
Not AAA 30k cost games
More so Indie games, terraria type stuff,
with the heaviest game (again) being skyrim original.

It seems perfect too, but I just want to get a 2nd opinion.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 5,361 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:45 PM

Right, I've never used an AMD chip or processor
I've heard good things
I've heard bad things.

Which you will find to be true regarding any chip and chip maker.   There are fanboys/girls for all of 'em and those who seem to make it their life's mission to diss specific makers or chips.

You are never going to get satisfaction by looking at much beyond technical specs and reviews with regard to how a given processor performs for the "real world" tasks you intend to use it for (and that includes games).

We've seen plenty of "You say it's black, I say it's white"-type opinion back-and-forth regarding Intel and AMD on these very forums.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website address in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users