Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No output sound device found

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Chanel_N1

Chanel_N1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

So, hi Folks. Got a problem (oh really? we didn't know) and despite my effords to solve it, i was unable to find a solution.
This afternoon i found out that the icon displaying "sound mixer" shows the error "No output sound device found".

1. Started Resolution Tool from Microsoft: suggestion was to restart with upgrades. Done, nothing changed.

2. Checked out my "Device Manager" seaching for yellow triangle o exclamation point. Done, nothing to report.
3. Checked out through "services.msc" if my Windows Audio/Sound was enable and running. Was it, i also restard but... nothing changed.

So i thought "maybe you got a rootkit o some sh*t like it".

1. Scanned with Spybot Search&Destroy, something came out, fixed it but no changes for sound problem;
2. Scanned with Malwareantibytes, nothing came out;

3. Scanned with Tdsskiller, nothing came out;

3. Actually i'm scanning with Avira and waiting to complete it, but i cannot imagine that one virus could be so affecting my PC.

Anyway, i'm running unfortunatly with Windows 10, 64x.

Any further ideas how or what should i do? Excluding jumping on my computer 'cause of frustration  :smash: 
Thank you so much in advance, hopefully i was clear enough to explain myself.

Edited by Chanel_N1, 06 November 2017 - 12:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chanel_N1

Chanel_N1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:30 PM

So, found out while trying to check if my audio drivers were update that... my Realtek HD Audio is "Unplugged".

But i can't find how to access my Realtek Audio Manager. It seems to be unavailable.

What should i do? Sorry 4 bothering you.

Edited by Chanel_N1, 06 November 2017 - 01:31 PM.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:41 PM

Is the Realtek Audio Manager available if you select Large icons in the dropdown box of Control Panel? 

If the Realtek HD audio drive shows in Device Manager. Right click and uninstall. Reboot. Click the top most tree of Device Manager. Select Action > Scan for Hardware Changes.

If the above does not work re-install the HD driver available here. It could be a hardware problem.

32bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file) R2.82 2017/7/26 176740k

64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file) R2.82 2017/7/26 264424k

Edited by JohnC_21, 06 November 2017 - 01:42 PM.

#4 Chanel_N1

Chanel_N1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:47 PM

Is the Realtek Audio Manager available if you select Large icons in the dropdown box of Control Panel? 

If the Realtek HD audio drive shows in Device Manager. Right click and uninstall. Reboot. Click the top most tree of Device Manager. Select Action > Scan for Hardware Changes.

If the above does not work re-install the HD driver available here. It could be a hardware problem.

32bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file) R2.82 2017/7/26 176740k

64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file) R2.82 2017/7/26 264424k

1. No it's not available
2. No it's not displayed
3. I re-installed it but the sound icon has still the litte red rounded icon on it.

If it's a Hardware problem, it means the "part" that controlls my sound system is f*cked and that i need to check my Laptop in for reparation, right?

Edited by Chanel_N1, 06 November 2017 - 03:49 PM.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

If it's a Hardware problem, it means the "part" that controlls my sound system is f*cked and that i need to check my Laptop in for reparation, right?

Yes, but you can confirm it by booting a live linux distro. Attach a USB with some mp3s. Open the USB and double click. If you hear music then you have a Windows problem.

If the computer came pre-installed with 8 or 10 you will need to disable SecureBoot in your UEFI settings.

How did you know you have a Realtek chipset if it's not shown in Device Manager? You saw this before when you had sound, correct?

Download Mint Cinnamon here. Burn the iso by right clicking on it and selecting Burn Disk Image or you can use Rufus with a spare USB flash drive to create a bootable USB.

When booting Mint do not input anything. Let Mint boot to the desktop. At the desktop click on the Computer icon. Your devices are listed in the left pane. Attach your USB with the MP3s. You will see a USB icon appear. Click on it.

You can verify your audio device in Mint by opening a terminal. This is the icon in the lower left that looks like a monitor with a prompt. Type

aplay -l

All in lower case. -l is a lower case "L"

another command

aplay --list-devices

#6 Chanel_N1

Chanel_N1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:36 PM

Yes, but you can confirm it by booting a live linux distro. Attach a USB with some mp3s. Open the USB and double click. If you hear music then you have a Windows problem.

1. So, i did as you said: USB, music, double click but... nope. 

This error came out. Now i'm going to read what you wrote down below. And thx 4 the help.

File: F:\Lady Gaga - Applause (Official).mp3

Code: -998 (FFFFFC1A)
-------------------------
Format: 44100 Hz / 8 Bit / Mono

Edited by Chanel_N1, 06 November 2017 - 04:37 PM.

#7 Chanel_N1

Chanel_N1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:41 PM

If the computer came pre-installed with 8 or 10 you will need to disable SecureBoot in your UEFI settings.

How did you know you have a Realtek chipset if it's not shown in Device Manager? You saw this before when you had sound, correct?

Download Mint Cinnamon here. Burn the iso by right clicking on it and selecting Burn Disk Image or you can use Rufus with a spare USB flash drive to create a bootable USB.

When booting Mint do not input anything. Let Mint boot to the desktop. At the desktop click on the Computer icon. Your devices are listed in the left pane. Attach your USB with the MP3s. You will see a USB icon appear. Click on it.

You can verify your audio device in Mint by opening a terminal. This is the icon in the lower left that looks like a monitor with a prompt. Type

aplay -l

All in lower case. -l is a lower case "L"

another command

aplay --list-devices

Yeah, i saw it before.
Please excuse the double posting, i didn't get that the instruction were to play music from the USB: so, going to do what you told me now.

Edited by Chanel_N1, 06 November 2017 - 04:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users