Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Performance of Windows 10 home basic after encrypting it with veracrypt?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 downloaderfan

downloaderfan

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:37 AM

Hi, I'm about to give my laptop for a repair & I don't want the repair man to be able to access my files. I know windows passwords can be bypassed using tools booted from a live USB & BIOS password can be reset with physical access. Thus, I'm planning to encrypt my hard drive. I can't afford a 500 GB SSD at this point. Since it's Windows 10 home basic, I don't have bitlocker as a choice. Since VeraCrypt is the only option, I wanted to know, those who have encrypted their hard drives with VeraCrypt, how is the performance of Windows 10 after encryption? Does the performance noticeably suffer when doing regular tasks like browsing & using other general purpose applications that are not games? I'll use default Veracrypt settings to encrypt the drive.

Edited by downloaderfan, 06 November 2017 - 12:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users