Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck in windows 10 lock screen creators update!!!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ari_lord

ari_lord

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:54 PM

Hi everyone, i don't know if i'm in the right spot to describing this frustrating issue here or not ... so please accept my apology if i set this topic up in a wrong place! well, actually i was using my laptop till 2 days ago and unfortunately all of a sudden i after my work done i gave my laptop a restart , right after the windows boot up i realized i just paint myself into a corner !

i got stuck on a lock screen and every time try to move past this damn page - even after trying everything like left-click right-click ,ctrl + alt + del , ctrl + shift + esc

, pulling every single button on my keyboard - nothing happens ... i can see my account's picture for about 1 second but when its time to run into my login box ,the whole thing starts over right from the beginning and i never have chance to see the box to enter my password!!

i already have tried wide range of solutions to see which of them can fix the problem , but i had no luck !!

The Problem STILL exists!!

could you guys help me in any way to get rid of this damn issue pleeease?

any ideas are appreciated!

Many thanks for considering my request! :thumbup2: 

Edited by ari_lord, 05 November 2017 - 05:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:43 AM

Have you tried safe mode? Or a repair start?

If you turn off the machine completely with the power button 3 times in a row does it offer you a screen with repair options?

#3 ari_lord

ari_lord
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:43 AM

Hi dear Opera !
Actually I have tried safemode with all 3 available options i mean with networking, minimal and with command prompt!
All of the above options didn't work for me , and as soon as i try to boot the laptop with one of them i stick on "please wait..." and 3 dot circling...
And nothing happens!
The only option i got right now is "Repair Your Computer" as you said before,
And it's offering to "reset my pc"
Dear Opera, is there any other option rather than "reseting my pc" available at this place ?
Because i can't even lose 1 byte of my data in my account, and really really need them badly !

#4 ari_lord

ari_lord
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:30 AM

Hi guys , could you please help me ??
I'm really really need you help !!!!
And sorry for my bad english !!

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,627 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:30 AM

Were I you the first thing I would do is to pull the hard drive from this laptop, attach it to another machine via a USB cable, and copy off all your user data.  You need to have that done before anything else, because it is possible that you could lose it otherwise.  Then put the drive back into the machine it came from.

What I would do next depends on what Version of Windows 10 you were running when this incident occurred.   If you were on a version of Windows earlier than Version 1709, the Fall Creators Update, I would follow the instructions for Updating Windows 10 using the Windows 10 ISO file with one important exception, since you are not able to boot into the desktop on your computer:   You will need to follow the more conventional method of changing the boot order in BIOS/UEFI on your computer to boot from the bootable media you created.  I cannot tell you exactly how to do that absent make/model information and for any make/model of computer there are always multiple tutorials on the web about booting into BIOS/UEFI and changing the boot order too look at removable media as the first boot device in situations like this.

The good thing about the above technique is that updating to a new version allows you to choose to keep your apps and files as well as replacing virtually the entire Windows 10 operating system in the process.  You will often be "back to normal" after this.

If you were already on Version 1709 then I'd try the "Reset Windows 10" option you've been presented, using the keep my files option (or keep my apps and files option if that's been added to Reset).

Do not do any of the above unless you have backed up your user data first.  If it all fails then you will need to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch using the same bootable media that you created to try to update to Version 1709.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,294 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:55 AM

Not sure it will work but what happens if you use a USB mouse and right click. Does it give you the login screen?

#7 ari_lord

ari_lord
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:35 AM

Thank you so much @britechguy and @JohnC_21 for your contribution!
As you mentioned before, I'm on the latest update which is 1709 and as you said i tried the "reset windows 10" option on advanced menue using troubleshoot.
And i chise the "keep my files" option for reseting process.
Unfortunately after the process has done,
Instead of normal boot and successful login, i see the problem STILL exist and nothing has changed !!!!
At this time i still struggling with this bleep problem and stick in lock screen !!!
Is there any other thing i can do to overcome this issue ???
Please help me !!
I'm exhausted, i dont know what else would i do !!!!
Its by far a nastiest problem that i ever come across in a long time !!!

#8 ari_lord

ari_lord
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:37 AM

Hi @JohnC_21, even with working USB mouse and keyboard, whether right-click or left ,nothing happens !!😭😭😭
Please help me guys !!

#9 ari_lord

ari_lord
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:48 AM

BTW, i'm using and old laptop that is Vaio-F13LGX with an orginal win 7 that upadated to win 10 by OTA.
May this information be helpful.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,294 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

I would do what Brian suggested. Pull the hard drive and attach it to another computer using a USB adapter like the one in the below link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-USB-2-0-to-IDE-SATA-S-ATA-2-5-3-5-Hard-Drive-HD-HDD-Converter-Adapter-Cable-/131139498971

If you are comfortable editing the registry you may be able to override the lockscreen. You would need to do this with a bootable disk.

https://windows.gadgethacks.com/how-to/disable-lock-screen-windows-10-0162965/

Kaspersky Rescue Disk will allow you to edit the registry with it's registry editor.

If you can boot to the Troubleshooting Menu of Windows then you can open a command prompt and do the same thing. Load the Software Hive.

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/edit-registry-offline-windows-re/

I repeat. If you are not comfortable editing the registry, remove the drive and attach it to another computer. Copy your data from the drive then do a clean install using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. 

#11 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,627 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:09 PM

John has given you the perfect advice, with references.

Make the choice that is within your comfort and skill level (or as close to it as you can get).

This is not a problem that has an easy solution, no matter which route to the solution you take.   It is vital that you copy off your user data first before moving along to anything else.  This will require you to pull your hard drive, which should be an easy task given the age of your laptop.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#12 ari_lord

ari_lord
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:34 PM

Thank you very very much both of you are marvellous!
I'll do my best to do exactly what you said.
I'll let you guys know whether these techniques are work for me or not!
🙏🙏

#13 ari_lord

ari_lord
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

Hi there ,
I have all of your solutions in consideration but unfortunately none of the above methods didn't work! 😔😳
I used Kaspersky Rescue Disc and edited the registery and now after restart and normal boot i got stuck in orange "Please Wait..." Screen and watching the 3 dots circling just forever!
Do you guys have any suggestions?
Do i have any chance to revive my account or at least my windows 10 ?

Edited by ari_lord, 06 November 2017 - 03:10 PM.

#14 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,294 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:48 PM

Pull the drive and attach it to another computer to recover your data. Then reinstall Windows 10. If you have a USB external drive the Kaspersky Rescue Disk has a File Manager you can use to copy files from the hard drive to the USB external if you do not want to remove the drive. In any case, after copying the files make sure you can open them before doing the clean install.

#15 ari_lord

ari_lord
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:17 PM

Thank you so much guys !🙏🙏
I'll follow the instructions ...
JohnC_21 thanks man for your kind and gentle explanation...
May be i can make it up for you next time !☺
Sadly this time luck didn't stand on my side ! 😔😔

Edited by ari_lord, 06 November 2017 - 03:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users