Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should i have any of Malwarebytes 3.0 RTP features enabled with KIS?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MiniCheese27

MiniCheese27

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

So I'm thinking of pairing these two together as I've used Malwarebytes for some time and still like it. But I saw some people talking about how your anti-malware should have it's RTP disabled and just to let your anti-virus take care of RTP things. So in my case, the AV would be Kaspersky Internet Security.

Is this true? If so, should I turn off all of Malwarebyte's RTP or just say website and ransomware protection for example?

Thanks.

Edited by MiniCheese27, 04 November 2017 - 10:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 49,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:09 PM

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium works well and should run alongside your existing antivirus software without problems. In fact, Malwarebytes has been conducting AV Compatibility Testing for years.

With the launch of Malwarebytes 3.x...we continue to support compatibility if you choose to use a third-party antivirus or other security software alongside Malwarebytes 3.x.

Announcing Malwarebytes 3.x, a next-generation antivirus replacement

...For our users who do prefer to continue using a traditional antivirus alongside Malwarebytes, by all means please continue to do so. Malwarebytes will always maintain compatibility with all major security software on the market, both free and paid. In particular, Microsoft’s traditional antivirus Windows Defender is included by default and for free with Windows 8 and 10, and is a useful additional layer alongside Malwarebytes 3.x.

Malwarebytes 3.x FAQs: Third-Party Testing & Antivirus Replacement

However, in some rare instances, you may need to add Exclusions for both the anti-virus and Malwarebytes in their respective Exclusions list to resolve problems and achieve the best possible system performance.
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Windows Insider MVP 2017
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users