Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

execute batch

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 outrageous

outrageous

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:44 AM

Hi 

I ve been looking a way to run a batch file from a usb stick directly after the usb is inserted to the computer (windows)

a) is that possible

B) autorun.inf isnt working due to policies 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 11,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:12 AM

autorun.inf isnt working due to policies

Who administers those policies?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 outrageous

outrageous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:57 AM

its by default from windows 

i dont wont to prompt anything

i just want when the flash is inserted a batch file to execute without the knowledge of the user is that possible ???

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

Possible yes, desired no.  The policy block to autorun.inf is to prevent infection of a machine by a USB device.  Unless you have the ability to change these policies you should not pursue this endeavor.  If you have the ability to change these policies you need to recognize that you increase your chances of infection by a USB device if autorun.inf is allow to run automatically.

Is the computer networked?

Do you have local Admin access on the computer?

I gave up on sneaker net a long time ago and most things can be done remotely these days, provided the computer is networked and you have sufficient access.

Edited by Kilroy, 06 November 2017 - 12:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users