Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Beeps And Freezes When Playing Games

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AQuO

AQuO

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:24 PM

hi , i wonder if are there anyone who could help me with this as i have spended a lot of money and time trying to sort this out. i have a amd sempron 2.8mhz, 1024 ram,(333), Ati x1600 pro AGP, Gygabite Z motherboard, Aquagate water cooling system, . one day i was playing a game and the computer got completely froozen and a beeping noise through the speakers came up too. Since that day , every time i play a game , after 10 min, the computers does the same thing. thinking that was the graphics card, i sold it and i bought this Ati, but the problem is still there, keeps freezing up and receiving that noise. And when i say freezing i mean totally froozen, halt, and i have to press the reboot button and restart, i have tryed everything, graphics drivers, update my bios, Please Could anyone help me with this as i have not idea what could it be. thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:06 PM

Sounds like overheating.

What mb and bios do you have?

#3 AQuO

AQuO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:12 PM

i have the latest bios for the Gigabyte 7vt600 p-rz which is (f5). the thing is it only does this when im playing games and once when i was watching a film. thanks for the reply anyway.

#4 AQuO

AQuO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:13 PM

Sounds like overheating.

What mb and bios do you have?

thanks for your help

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:23 PM

Look up the beep codes for your bios.

#6 AQuO

AQuO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:34 PM

what do you mean by look up the beep codes of my bios? how do i do that?

#7 AQuO

AQuO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:42 PM

what do you mean by look up the beep codes of my bios? how do i do that?

i think you have misunderstood, the computer is fine while im not playing games and the beep is continuous, nothing works at that time, the keyboard, anything works. im saying this because i just have checked the beep bios thing that you said before and i think that have nothing to do with it, i might be wrong, i mean, im not an expert, anyway thanks again, by the way , whats your name? i would like to keep in touch if you dont mind, you never know , you may need my help one day.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:38 AM

A continuous beep while using the system usually is an alarm to indicate overheating. I'd suggest downloading this free utility to monitor your system temps: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Write down the temp readings when you first install it, then take a quick look at them when the beeping starts - this'll give you something to compare.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:46 AM

Beep codes:
http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

http://www.comptechdoc.org/hardware/beepcodes/1.htm

http://www.comptechdoc.org/hardware/beepcodes/3.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic