Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 countrystrong71

countrystrong71

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 14 December 2004 - 05:17 AM

[COLOR=red][FONT=Courier] :thumbsup: Hello to those who might be able to help!!

In the last few weeks my monitor has been ......acting kinda strange...and it is really pissin me off......LOL..........i'll be lookin at somethin .....then the picture will just twitch...and shrink into about half the size it was.....and its like the vertical...is set to spin on its highest ......spin....so ok.....i know this isnt the right thing to do.......but i give it a lil slap on the side and it might return to normal.....but only briefly........and i notice, but it could just be coincidence, that if i take some of the pressure off the swiveled bottem ...it also will flash normal.....again.......but to no evail.........it freaks out and goes to half a screen .......and i cant see a darn thing.

Is my monitor .......fried .....loose wiring maybe.?.>....dont know much .......but do they have tubes......that could be effected and it is just burning out?.......god i know this must just sound stupid.......but i havnt had it all that long and its bigger than my others........so i need to fix it ......plz .......help me ........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 14 December 2004 - 09:41 AM

Welcome to BC!

Well sounds like your monitor is going. If you slap it and it comes back. How old is this computer system or monitor?

Check the wires running to the pc make sure the plug is screwed in.

Now I just read you say you havent had it long. Is your pc older? It could be a video card. They also go out and things like this can happen.

#3 countrystrong71

countrystrong71
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2004 - 05:51 AM

thanks cows!........i think your right ........the monitor is just going......i decided to just do away with it instead of trying to figure it out......and getting more irritated.........hehe......but thank you anyway for your reply!!.......appreciate it!~

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2004 - 09:41 AM

Your welcome anytime.........

#5 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2004 - 01:49 PM

Um is this the same computer your bad HD came from?
is this a Flat Panel (skinny) or a CRT (fat)?
if its CRT Nothing wrong with giving it a good beating and it makes you feel better. =)
But when slapping it sometimes brings the picture back i would have to agree with CGM3.
When you replace it do your self a favor if you don't need the room get a CRT will save you ALLOT of money and unless your a Gamer/Artist the LCDs are pointless IMO

Just my $.02 but what do i know~

P.S. i'll post in your bad HD post about a thought i have.

#6 countrystrong71

countrystrong71
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2004 - 08:48 AM

thank you LoLucky.....for both your inputs hehe........on the hd that was a very good point....yes i was running win98 on the other one...so your probably right. and the monitor?...well....lol.....i would love to get a flat screen but finances arent there just yet....but i have my dreams!!!=)

thank you also to all those that replied this is the best place that i have come across yet.......for getting advice, help...and within this life time!!...whoooot!!

thanx a mill....peoples

DID YOU KNOW?.......that there are 1,218 peanuts in a single twenty-eight-ounce jar of Jif peanut butter?........LOL
ttfn!

#7 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2004 - 04:14 PM

No problem at all. sorry can't tell you how to fix it yourself, but it would be cheaper getting a new one. specially at this time when stores have sales. /nod

I'm a Gamer but give me 4 17"CRT's over 1 17"LCD any day! (Except the second Wednesday of next week)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users