Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hacked to Pieces- iPhone SE, Network Compromised

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Omi1872

Omi1872

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:59 PM

Malware, Cyberstalking, Hacked Network, iOS 11
I have just gone through a very contentious divorce, and separated for over 1 year prior to recent finalization. Very complicated story short, I have been hacked to infinity for about the same time, and I am highly suspecting I was hacked long before I ever left, in retrospect. Took 3 laptops incl new Yoga 14 Thinkpad (currently unusable) & as many phones, (total of 10 or so to date, 5 of which w re iPhones) before I realized it started with him getting my phone alone and downloading Cydia to jailbreak, & somehow finding his way to my mothers home network. Too many reasons to list why I know this and why I know WHO, without a doubt, but Id be happy to provide any necessary details to get help. Now Im back in our home, alone, for at most the next month (per doc. agreement). Meantime Im hacked again; I got a new router at the cable provider , to no avail. Im on a new phone with new carrier (Consumer Cellular), new phone #, new iPhone SE, updating to iOS 11.1 as we speak hopefully to avoid a factory reset.
This is a lot of info; Im sorry. Its a very detailed and ugly story, of which the local police could care less about (hes got some buddies on the force), not even the FBI! I was told (re: stalking/cyberstalking) to write my local congressman and stick my name on a list. Ive learned he is a psychopath, which he hid well for most of our 12,13 yrs together. How do I GET INFALLIBLE PROOF of what is going on and to what extent, and is there any way to secure my iPhone right now despite its being hacked already? Thank you so much.

Edited by Omi1872, 03 November 2017 - 09:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SenorSySoP

SenorSySoP

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:12 PM

how​ exactly  are you being hacked   ie the vector?    How can you tell?   Is your phone still jailbroken-   I think not from your post.

​We have been dealing with a very persistent problem on all our devices and ive learned a lot over the year plus dealing with security researchers and their suggestions.   Most people will doubt you and say iphones cant be compromised.  well, they can and they are.  Jailbreaking is the least sophisticated way to do so in my opinion but make no mistake it works.

#3 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

You're going to need to give a bit more information as to why you think your devices are being hacked. Some examples would be nice.

What makes you think he hacked your mother's home network? Jail breaking a phone would NOT affect another brand new phone, so I don't see how that's relevant. Is it possible he has passwords? When was the last time you changed all of them? Logging into your email, or other accounts could follow a device, so there's that.

I can assure you hacking is nothing like it's portrayed in the movies, so let's get that out of the way. A good part of hacking is the social engineering aspect (ie: Calling somewhere pretending to be tech support and convincing the user to divulge sensitive information, etc.) and could be something as simple as looking over your shoulder and watching a password.

All of this is irrelevant though if you don't have any good, specific examples of what is making you think this is happening. For all I know most of the issues you're seeing as "hacking" could be explained.

Edited by C0bra, 10 January 2018 - 08:59 AM.

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users