Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows first stuck at booting crcdisk.sys; Now...i just bought 2 samsung SSD to

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 browniebrownie141

browniebrownie141

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:52 PM

‎Gentlemen & Ladies, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxp3FO_ASrg

Windows first stuck at booting crcdisk.sys forever....

I have the DVD disk, which I tried :

1. startup repair...completed

2. system restore....cannot produce a date, and says it's in limited mode....

3. cmd prompt, I tried sfc/scannow, but would not let me, also, last time before problem, i scheduled a chkdsk, now i can't cancel even i did the "chkdsk /x C:....although it says the disk was not dirty, still, the chkdsk will kicks in as i tried to boot up, i have to click a button to abort within a few seconds, then you can see on youtube video above. 

In case above link was blocked by forum rules here, it's /watch?v=nxp3FO_ASrg

Please also notice the video, it shows abnormal " " " " " " and colums in blue colors....

Is this the end of life of hard drive? And now, I just bought 2 brand new samsung SSD to replace old drives, which 2 things I need help on:

1. the start up screen still has the above screen problems (but NOT crcdisksys); And

2. I will need a ISO Window 7 Professional 64 bits + SP1 + with all Updates attached, because somehow the original sony vaio dvd disks, are not working, stating error "305:69", can anyone refer me to a trusted place that the ISO has all updates, I tried microsoft, they no longer has window 7 ISO. 

3. If I reformatt the old drives, can those be used for external storage purpose?

Thanks 

Edited by browniebrownie141, 03 November 2017 - 06:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:26 PM

Is there a COA sticker on the computer showing a legible Windows 7 Pro Key? If yes you can get the Pro iso using this tool. This tool provides you with SP1 but you will need to do all updates after install. You will need to do a phone activation. 

If you don't have the COA sticker or the key is not legible then you can try tool #3 in the below link. I have not used this method so I cannot guarantee it will work. It looks in BIOS and provides the correct certificate and key after install. 

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/backup-and-restore-vista-oem-activation-license/

Can you boot to windows if selecting Use Last Known Good Configuration at the Advanced Boot Options? If it boots to Windows then use Advanced Tokens Manager in the above link.

You can also try cloning the HDD to your SSD using a bootable clone disk such as clonezilla or by installing a program like Macrium Free on another computer and creating the bootable media Macrium provides.

#3 browniebrownie141

browniebrownie141
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:42 PM

Hello John 21:

Thanks for speedy response, ...

Yes I do have the windows product key# intact. I just tried the download-heidoc.net link, looks like the Window 7 option is OFF, according to them their latest entry was september/october, looks like the Windows 10 option is available. But i would rather have 7.....do you have another link for 7 ISO? 

I think one of the old drive was no good anymore, can't get in otherwise i would clone for sure, that's why i now replaced it with 2 SSDs, my laptop came with INTEL RAID, that's why i bought 2, must be identical for RAID. 

Thanks 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,849 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:56 PM

I just used the tool and was able get the iso link Windows 7 Pro SP1. This would still be SP1 minus any updates. Are you saying you cannot even get to the Windows 7 Pro link? You selected Windows 7 in the upper right Window, correct?

#5 browniebrownie141

browniebrownie141
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

Please see above link, when I clicked Windows 7, the screen on left hand side, just plain empty white; while the "office" option is available.

Please confirm,...Thanks 

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,849 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

It should not take that long after picking Windows 7. I would disable your AV temporarily and see if that helps. Also right click the exe file and select Run As Administrator even though I did not need to do this. It only took 4 seconds after I clicked Windows 7 before it provided the next screen. I would try downloading from the developers site.

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

#7 browniebrownie141

browniebrownie141
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

Hello JohnC 21, 

I just tried, same thing....do you think you can download then upload to a link and give me that link ? 

Thank you

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,849 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:36 PM

Yeah, I can do that. Check your PM. Upper Right of the BC page, the envelope.

#9 browniebrownie141

browniebrownie141
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:01 PM

Thank you JohnC 21, Please also check yr PM as I just replied, thank you. 

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,849 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:12 PM

After a clean install you need to download the following updates in order. Reboot and you should then get the rest of the updates.

The Servicing Stack

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3177467/servicing-stack-update-for-windows-7-sp1-and-windows-server-2008-r2-sp

The July Rollup

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3172605/july-2016-update-rollup-for-windows-7-sp1-and-windows-server-2008-r2-s

#11 browniebrownie141

browniebrownie141
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

JohnC 21: 

You Rocks ! My Hero,.....I am speechless ....

Thank you so very much...you have a great weekend !

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,849 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

Your Welcome, glad to have helped. Have a nice weekend also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users