Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook issues:

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brodg

brodg

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:33 PM

Hi:

I have a couple of Outlook issues for which I am looking some help for.

1.       The address book.

a.       My address book in Outlook is set up to have two sections, one is Contacts and then there is the Contacts in the cloud.  Do I have to have both? My husband says I need both.

b.       Is there an easy way to back up my address book onto an USB drive in case the computer crashes and once restored it could quickly be down loaded again.

2.       Ever since my Outlook was updated with a new driver, the text in my Outlook window is way too big. Where can I make changes to the settings responsible for this kind of thing and bring it back down to normal?

3.       And I can no longer add a picture into my e-mail message without the picture creeping under the task bar area, so I only get to see a sliver of the picture. Before it was a piece of cake to embed a photo (this also results in received e-mails with pictures to be effected in the same manner, not all picture but many).

Thank you for any helping you can offer.   :bananas:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 5,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:23 PM

I presume you're speaking of the Outlook e-mail client.  If that's the case, it's important to identify which one (Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, or 365) or Outlook.com if you're talking about the web interface.

Outlook, regardless of what's being talked about, does not have drivers.  It is not a device.   Is your enlargement only when you are looking at Outlook or is everything on your computer larger than it had been in the past?

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website address in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#3 brodg

brodg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:43 PM

Hi Brian: thank you for responding. To answer your question, it is only on the email Outlook. And I believe it is 2016. My husband did something to "update" Outlook, just before the larger text image started. 

Again thank you.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 5,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:04 PM

I have Outlook 2010, so I cannot offer too terribly much in terms of conjecture with regard to any of the "bells and whistles" that come after 2010.

Take a look at the lower right corner of your Outlook Window and you should see a Zoom slider, where 100% is dead center and you zoom in (make larger) sliding right and zoom out (make smaller) sliding left.  If they've made this setting persistent between sessions it could be that it has been slid above 100%.  Otherwise I would bring up Outlook help and see what you can find when you search on "zoom".

I don't think that Outlook has its own accessibility features but I'd also take a look at whether it does or has it's own private magnification feature in versions later than the one I have.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website address in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users