I have an Alienware Mx17 laptop and ever since I have upgraded to windows 10 it seems like there are several random errors happening. I guess I am not sure if it is a software or hardware issue but I am getting very annoyed with them at this point. It is almost like my computer is possessed with an annoying weak ghost. No idea of these are all related but here are some of the things that have been happening.
- Computer clock keeps getting off time in the bottom status bar. If I actually click on the clock it will show me the correct time on the pop up and it will usually update the status bar time but not always.
- All computer menu pop ups are REALLY slow for a long time after I boot up my computer. If I turn on my computer, open the internet, and try to open my bookmarks there is just a white box while the bookmarks load. This also happens if I try to right click with the mouse. There is just a white box that takes forever to load. The actual computer isn't working hard when this is happening so I am not sure where that is coming from.
- If my computer goes to sleep on it's own it will not play any sounds through the speakers after I wake it back up. The keyboard will also randomly stop working as well.
- If my computer goes to sleep on it's own and I try to wake it up sometimes the initial loading will just freeze and I have to hard reset
- Finally I just tried to use Excel for the first time in a long time and it is very unresponsive. If I type the computer takes 30 seconds before it recognizes the inputs.
Again the computer is not working hard during any of this and it only has like a 5% CPU utilization according to the task manager.
Antivirus is windows defender and is up to date.
Anyone have any advice for any of this?