Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Search Engine?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Doghen

Doghen

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:25 PM

Hey there.. i have some few questions about the Google Search Engine:

• Can Google Search Engine tracks your History, sell's it to other when your using Mozilla Firefox..?
  • Doe's Google Search Engine spy on you or can watch with you (what you visit, read, change on site's..?)

Because i really hate Google-Service's.. :S please someone help me with these questions

Cheers'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:57 PM

1. Yes.

2. No.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Doghen

Doghen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:40 PM

Hmm, then i will give DuckDuckGo a shot to go. :)

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 5,380 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:52 AM

As a follow-up, and as much as I hate to contradict Mr. Bennett, the answer to question number two is, "Yes and no," and that's a technicality, but an important one, of the enumerated list you gave.   Your browsing history and "what you visit" are one and the same.   Google undoubtedly tracks your browsing history.

So far as I know, there is no way to literally track what you read (we all land on web pages from web searches that we barely glance at and close because we know they're useless to us) because there's no "eye tracking" technology (at least not as part of a standard computer setup) that allows any way of knowing what part or parts of a screen have been visually scanned.  I have no idea whether there is any recording of what one might change on a site that is editable, but I am inclined to believe that there is not.   Virtually anything one enters on forms and the like eventually goes "somewhere out there" in a form that can be crawled, and that's far easier to do than having a search engine somehow try to act as a keylogger and track what you type each and every place you type it.

All of the above being said, using DuckDuckGo is your best bet if you want to have a web search engine that also takes a position of not tracking to protect your privacy.  It's what I've been using for years now, though I will occasionally use others, including Google.  Most of my Google searches end up originating via DuckDuckGo and being anonymized by them.  I use the "!images" operator in DuckDuckGo quite frequently, and the actual search is run by Google but passed to it with DuckDuckGo being the "searcher," not you.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website address in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users