Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Update for iPhone 6 MG652LL/A?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Inset irises

Inset irises

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:41 AM

Hi,

I'm getting a prompt to install iOS 11.1...

I know the standard advice is to install all updates, just wanted to

run it by the forum before I do so.

BTW, am currently having problems with MMS messaging...is this an iOS issue or

a carrier issue...(just got a text about MMS problems with iOS 11.0.0)

Thanks

ii

Edited by Inset irises, 02 November 2017 - 09:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

Hi Inset irises!

My point of view, yes....install the 11.1 update. As with any OS security update, it's critical to keep any device current pertaining to security.

Yesterday (November 1, 2017) I downloaded and installed 11.1 on my iPhone 5s without any issues. I did connect my power lead, be prepared for the update to take a bit to complete. My advice, if you elect to download and install, do so when you're not expecting any activity! When the install completed the phone required an turn on.

iOS 11.1 Features: All the new and hidden features

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2017/11/ios-11-1-features.html

This document describes the security content of iOS 11.1.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208222

For a complex review of Apple security updates

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222

Please describe what problems you are having with MMS? It's hard to offer any direction without more details.

#3 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:04 PM

For my 7 the latest update is 11.2 and even on 5s it is 11.2, and everything is fine with them.

Check and have the latest update as they are fixing the issues with each and every update.

BTW, Which OS version are you having now??

#4 Inset irises

Inset irises
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:21 PM

Hello softeyes and Hareen,

From the message from my phone carrier, it appears I have 11.0.0 as my OS.

I will download 11.1 as soon as my phone is charged, then I'll let you

know about the MMS issues... In a nutshell, every time I try to send a photo

to an Android, it doesn't work.

Thank you & Dhan'yavādālu

ii

#5 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:26 PM

Hi Hareen!

Are you part of the Beta or developer group?

<-snip->

Apple today released the first public beta of iOS 11.2 to its public beta testing group, one day after seeding the beta to developers and more than a month after releasing the iOS 11 update. The new iOS 11.2 beta comes just after the release of iOS 11.1, which was provided to the public yesterday. 

(Link:) https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/01/apple-first-ios-11-2-public-beta/

<-snip->

The latest public, final release of iOS is version 11.1, which was issued on Tuesday. It includes over 70 new emoji.

(Link:) http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/11/01/apple-issues-first-public-beta-of-ios-112

Self edit: My current iOS is 11.1, I'm 100% up to date  :)

Edited by softeyes, 02 November 2017 - 10:30 PM.

#6 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:02 PM

Hi Hareen!

Are you part of the Beta or developer group?

<-snip->

Apple today released the first public beta of iOS 11.2 to its public beta testing group, one day after seeding the beta to developers and more than a month after releasing the iOS 11 update. The new iOS 11.2 beta comes just after the release of iOS 11.1, which was provided to the public yesterday. 

(Link:) https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/01/apple-first-ios-11-2-public-beta/

<-snip->

The latest public, final release of iOS is version 11.1, which was issued on Tuesday. It includes over 70 new emoji.

(Link:) http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/11/01/apple-issues-first-public-beta-of-ios-112

Self edit: My current iOS is 11.1, I'm 100% up to date  :)

@softeyes

Well, I am not a developer But I got a new update, just now again, saying install 11.1,

The older one should be 11.0.2 or 11.2 or 11.0.3 as per my memory. 

A possible typo or blunder from my side. Sorry.

#7 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:05 PM

Hi,

I'm getting a prompt to install iOS 11.1...

I know the standard advice is to install all updates, just wanted to

run it by the forum before I do so.

BTW, am currently having problems with MMS messaging...is this an iOS issue or

a carrier issue...(just got a text about MMS problems with iOS 11.0.0)

Thanks

ii

They are fixing bugs silently with each update Iries.

So it's better to have the latest updates. The first 3 updates literally came with a week to fortnight gap.

Hope they are fixing something big. 

My phone is preparing update as I type now. Will let you know what happens after the update.

#8 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:05 PM

Inset irises,

Regarding your MMS situation and sending pictures to an Android, make certain that you have MMS Messaging turned on: Settings -> Messages -> scroll down - you'll see MMS Messaging, make sure toggle button is on <green>

You can also check to see if your Cellular Data is turned on: Settings -> Cellular Data, again toggle button is on.

See if those two steps will help.

#9 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:34 PM

I suggest shareIt or WhatsApp for sending images if the phones are nearby, though WhatsApp reduces the sizes (quality) of the image. 

In my country, an MMS is 5 bucks so my suggestion. A mail would be a cheaper (free almost) alternative for sending images.

#10 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:50 AM

Hello again Hareen!

We'll stay positive that the OP will glean direction from his cell phone provider if he continues to have a problem sending photos to an Android phone. The $5.00 you pay for one MMS is really expensive <ouch!>, no doubt you seek out alternatives to send pictures. Anymore, Wi-Fi rules, as the major cell phone providers have set a cap on data usage and increased pricing if you go over the limit! 

A tid-bit to consider regarding the use of WhatsApp, depending on your particular cell phone provider and the data plan that you are paying for, it's real easy to eat up your data allotment using WhatsApp if you're not connected to Wi-Fi! <And what an expensive shock when you get your bill!>

<-snip->

WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to send and receive messages to your friends and family. You do not have to pay for every message. As long as you have not exceeded your data limit or you are connected to a free Wi-Fi network, your carrier should not charge you extra for messaging over WhatsApp.

WhatsApp Calling works in the same way. Learn more about WhatsApp Calling on: Android | iPhone | Windows Phone | BlackBerry 10

Please be aware that:

·         If your phone is roaming, additional mobile data charges may apply. Learn how to configure roaming settings for WhatsApp on: Android | iPhone | Windows Phone | Nokia S40 | BlackBerry | BlackBerry 10

·         If you send SMS messages to your friends inviting them to use WhatsApp, service charges from your mobile provider may also apply.

Source: https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/android/20965922/

#11 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:21 AM

Well upon conversion it is not $5 but it is nearly some 10 cents.

We don't generally MMS here. :P

How is the update? I think it is 400 mb and the description says 70 emojis and some bug fixes?

I have upgraded from 11.0.3 to 11.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users