Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

so much problems; PLS HELP?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xpynaix

xpynaix

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:11 AM

ive been trying to fix my laptop for quite some time now. i used AVG, but didnt worked. HIJACKTHIS, it did scan but i cant save my log because the SCAN button wont change to SAVE LOG button. my computer starts to run hecka slow and then my mouse kept on blinking. windows kept telling me my virtual memory is too low but i already adjusted it. oh and by the way, my OS isnt XP HOME, its XP PROFESSIONAL. dont know much about these stuff. i think i have 18.5 GB disk space but only 6 something is free. when i use HIJACKTHIS, theres about 150,000 files under WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 such as different combination of letters like asdkjfa.exe and stuff. i tried asking help from other sites but they dont respond to my posts and im getting really desperate. also, i already tried restoring it but it just got worst. i gues i picked the wrong date. PLS HELP GUYS. PLSSSSS....

btw, i also used ADWARE LAVASOFT, SPYSUBSTRACT AND CWSHREDDER but its all the same. pleeeeeeaaaseeeeee help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:26 AM

OK, I'm going to try to help you. It won't be easy without a HJT log, understand? It might take a while. First step might be to try to get into the chat room here. At the top of the page under the word bleepingcomputer are 5 tabs. Under "resources" you'll see a small "chat" click on it and keep following all the prompts to "start chatting using the web-based chat" . Answer as a reply here before you start, OK?
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 xpynaix

xpynaix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:48 AM

ok im gonna go to the chatroom now

#4 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:58 AM

OK. I'm there. 10 minutes should be enough time to get through the steps.

#5 xpynaix

xpynaix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2004 - 12:24 AM

help.... the only thing i could come up with to show my log is actually using the PRNT SCRN button and boy will this take super long to do. not to mention my laptop constantly freezes. 150,000 of random .EXE files under WINDOWS\SYSTEM32? is this still normal? still fixable? cuz if theres no way to fix it, then SHOULD I JUST REINSTALL?

#6 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2004 - 12:32 AM

Re-install would take you what, a few hours? Honestly I'd do that. :thumbsup: Need any help with it?

#7 xpynaix

xpynaix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2004 - 01:14 AM

oh man! suxxxx! so u think i should really reinstall? what do u mean u wnna help me? its possible to reinstall everything online? i actually asked my dad to do it but i just didnt take my laptop yet to him hoping i would be able to fix this myself. but the randomletters.exe files are just amazing. 150,000? so are those all virus? cuz its like this 04HKLM.........(akjfhas)C:\\windows\system32\ufdugkt.exe and a lot more of them. would it harm my laptop if itry to fix those randomletters.exe files under windows\system32 on HIJACKTHIS?

#8 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2004 - 01:56 AM

No harm would be done taking out each and every one of them. Thats exactly what we do to 'em. They don't belong there. BUT, we don't want to delete legitimate system files, because of the consequences. That is why we look at the hjt logs so that both you and I know whats good & whats bad. And we use special software tools to do it for us, so we don't sit there and patiently delete so dang many of 'em.

Re-installation wipes the disk clean. You start over. So, if you have the Operating System CD's that Windows comes on, its really no problem. I've done it many times.

If you do not have the Operating System CD's then it's another matter. If that is the case, as it would be if the laptop was sold having the Windows (XP) or (ME) or (98) or (NT) I'd need to know the exact specs of your laptop to search out the procedure recommended by the manufacturer on "restoring the OS". Either way, the help I give would depend somewhat on answers from you. We can discuss it online, yes. It might take a couple days considering our time zones and the time it takes to get prepared and have all the info we need in place before we do it.
:thumbsup: From the sounds of it, and what I learned from you last night in Chat, your laptop is suffering badly. It needs to be restored back to normal again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users