Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CheckSURlogs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pinegum

pinegum

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:48 PM

Wn7sp1..Trouble installing windows update, error codes 80073701, 80246007. 

Does anyone know how to understand/read CheckSURlogs? I have a file I can attach. The notes read "CBS MUM missing" total ran 610, 38 fixed.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Thanks, Pinegum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,891 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:54 PM

You could try downloading the stand alone version from MS and saving it to either a DVD or USB stick, it is just under 2GB. From memory it downloads as an ISO file which will need unpacking before you can install it. Use ImageBurn if you want it on a DVD, Rufus if you want it on a USB stick.

Once you have it unpacked on a DVD or memory stick all you have to do is connect whichever one to your computer and run the 'Setup' file to start the install. You can get SP1 from MS here, as well as instructions on how to install it -

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5842

Chris Cosgrove

#3 pinegum

pinegum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:27 PM

Guess you didn't understand my problem. I'm running Win7 w/sp1 now. I'm trying to get the windows update to install. It downloads but the install fails and indicates the two error codes I've been on the "sysnative.com" web site and been through several steps to get the CheckSURlogs from running the suggested software. Just don't know what to do now....

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:50 AM

If you ran the SURT at the request of someone on the Sysnative site...then you need to continue with your request for assistance...at that site.

Louis

#5 pinegum

pinegum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:12 PM

Sysnative doesn't know me.  Each solution is taylor made for the requestor.  I was simply following instructions for someone else to see if I could do the required steps. From the CheckSURlog report,you're suppose to use an outside service to zip the file, through an outside source, and paste a link to the reply. (Have no outside source for this). Just thought I'd see if someone on Bleeping knew how to deal with the info on my CheckSURlog report.....guess not 

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:40 AM

Well...Sysnative are the designated "experts" on using SURT.and some of the personnel at times drop by over here at BC.  But, to my knowledge, the personnel here who may routinely provide similar assistance...are in the BC Crashes/BSODs forum.  We here at BC don't have a problem with acknowledging the familiarity/expertise of other websites on situations such as yours.  The community which attempts to provide users with assistance on computer situations...is, IMO, very small and "expertise" in one area does not preclude the use of other sites with greater experience/knowledge in a given area.

https://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/4736-windows-update-forum-posting-instructions.html .

BC BSODs Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/ .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users