Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RECOVERY DISK

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wickerman

wickerman

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:21 AM

i read a lot about making a recovery disk  or flashdrive. i have tried it but i am not sure if it is right. it as on things like.boot,efi,sources.

bootmgr, bootmgr efi  reagent xml. is this right , and what do they all mean , and how do i use this usb stick. or have i got it all to cock.

please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,678 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:34 AM

There is a Windows 10 App called Recovery Drive Creator (hit the Windows Key and type recovery and it will come up in the results) that allows you to make a recovery drive with ease.

You need not concern yourself about its contents, only how to use it.   Take your pick among the tutorials returned by this DuckDuckGo Search on windows 10 create and use a recovery drive for all the details you could possibly want.  I never know which tutorial might suit any individual best.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 wickerman

wickerman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:41 AM

Thanks  Britechguy.  just been reading your link ,how to use it , seems great everything i need..will let you know how i go on.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,678 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:45 AM

Personally, based on some recent statements by Microsoft that they are deprecating their own recovery tools, I am disinclined to depend on their backup and recovery solutions in Windows 10 over the long term.

Were I you I would strongly consider looking at third-party backup and recovery options.   Two easy-to-use, and free for home users, options are EaseUS ToDo Backup and AOMEI Backupper.   Both of these require you to create a recovery disc related to the product itself much like you're creating for the Windows built-in utilities, and it's every bit as simple to create and, I'd say, they're both simpler to use.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#5 wickerman

wickerman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:39 AM

Thanks for that  Britehguy, will have a look at both of them, 

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,678 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

You're quite welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users