Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lis510

Lis510

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:06 AM

Apologies in advance for being dumb!
I have been given a new tower and I cant get a signal to my monitor. Monitor works on old tower. I tested new tower with monitors at work and no issues. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:03 AM

using a monitor that works reduce the resolution to minimum and then try your monitor. if it works increase the resolution in steps until the mopnitor goes black. if the resolution isn't adequate for your needs it's time for a new monitor.

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:05 PM

check the tower and see if you are plugging into the correct video connector, meaning does it have a graphics card installed in one of the lower slots and you're plugged into an onboard video connector that may be disabled.

that's where I would start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users