Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bugcheck 0x0000012b

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 alexbarborica

alexbarborica

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:55 AM

Hello, I desperately need help diagnosing this problem. I randomly get this BSOD at least once a week, what I am doing on the computer has no influence. I tried EVERYTHING: I reinstalled windows, I installed all the latest drivers, I ran verifier for 12 hours, I ran MEMTEST86 and MEMTEST86+ for 12 hours each, I removed all peripherals, I CHANGED MOTHERBOARDS and then reinstalled windows... there is literally nothing more I can do, I am EXHAUSTED by this issue.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/8fnRBvDXpERQiqjrIG4MGJr

Attached Files

Edited by alexbarborica, 31 October 2017 - 03:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:05 AM

You need to follow the posting instructions guide Here.

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,992 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:11 AM

STOP 0x0000012B: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE bugchecks are almost always indicative of RAM problems. However, matters aren't that simple — sometimes there's nothing physically wrong with the hardware, but rather a compatibility issue with the BIOS and/or Windows.

On the other hand, your case appears to be mostly hardware related. When you changed your motherboard, were you using your old RAM sticks? I'd encourage you to run these two additional tests that will test your RAM:

If you don't have time to run the tests, then just try new RAM sticks right away.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#4 alexbarborica

alexbarborica
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:12 AM

The only hardware I haven't tested or swapped out yet is the PSU and the GPU. Could faulty gpu ram lead to the same error? Regardless I will run the tests you recommended and see if I get any errors. I used the same ram sticks when swapping mobos, I felt that if it was a RAM incompatibility it would not carry over from MSI to ASUS.

This issue is relatively new also. My pc is 5 years old but I've only been getting this bsod for 1 year or so. Around the time I upgraded to windows 10. I also don't remember it happening on Windows 8 either. However I also don't see how this could be a software issue.

Edited by alexbarborica, 31 October 2017 - 10:17 AM.

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,992 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

Could faulty gpu ram lead to the same error?

This is unlikely, but not impossible.

Regardless I will run the tests you recommended and see if I get any errors. I used the same ram sticks when swapping mobos, I felt that if it was a RAM incompatibility it would not carry over from MSI to ASUS. [emphasis added]

This is probably the problem. If the RAM itself is faulty, then no matter what motherboard you use, you will still run into issues.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 alexbarborica

alexbarborica
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:57 PM

I have one final question so I know if I should waste my time testing, could the ram be at fault even though the tests will pass error free? (As both my memtest86 and memtest86+ did). Also what ram would you recommend? Corsair, gskill, patriot, etc? I known corsair usually emphasize compatibility.

Edited by alexbarborica, 31 October 2017 - 04:03 PM.

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,992 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:08 PM

I have one final question so I know if I should waste my time testing, could the ram be at fault even though the tests will pass error free?

Technically, "yes." Software tests for hardware are never 100% reliable (just like all diagnostics in real life).

Also what ram would you recommend? Corsair, gskill, patriot, etc? I known corsair usually emphasize compatibility.

No preference. :) Just buy whatever is in your budget and has good reviews.

#8 alexbarborica

alexbarborica
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:11 PM

Ok :D thanks for all your help. I'll order new ram sticks and will check back in ~2 weeks since it usually doesn't take longer than 1 week to get this BSOD.

#9 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,992 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:29 PM

You're welcome. :) Let me know whether if I can be of any further assistance.

#10 alexbarborica

alexbarborica
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:15 AM

Ok, checking in after slightly more than a week from swapping out the ram and I haven't encountered any more BSODs yet. I'm still being cautious and will still keep my eyes peeled for any errors during this next week. If next week also goes by without a hitch then I guess the problem is fixed (fingers crossed). So even thought my old ram passed hours of testing in varied programs they were apparently defective.

#11 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,992 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

Yup, exactly. Software tests for hardware can never be completely relied on. Usually if I'm suspicious of the RAM, I'd ask the user to reseat the RAM sticks and use canned air to clean out any foreign debris out of the slots. However, in your case since you changed motherboards, I deemed that to be unnecessary. It would have been also interesting to run a test in the morning (when the system is cold) and a test after some hard gaming (when the system is warmer), but all of these tests (including the ones I mentioned earlier) take up some time... and not all of us have much time (including me!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users