Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saving Passwords In Firefox

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 killmypc

killmypc

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:42 AM

Hey ya'll,
Searched the forum, but didn't see this.

I recently switched to Firefox, and I prefer it to IE. I have my homepage as Yahoo, but Firefox does not prompt to save the password, so I have to log in every time...Annoying :thumbsup:

I have tried to figure this out...It is set to save passwords, and will save others...BC, Gmail..etc.
Can I manually enter this info? :flowers:

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:34 AM

Hey there, yes you can.

Tools > options > privacy > passwords > view existing passwords > click on the tab "passwords never saved" > select the site you wish to save the password for, remove it. It should now ask you next time you enter the password, if you wish to save the password.

rgds,

Johannes

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:44 AM

It may be that you need to re-enter your password for security reasons:

"Some Yahoo! services, such as Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Address Book, require you to periodically enter your password even though you are already signed in. We do this to protect your personal information.

You can adjust the length of time before password prompting--up to 24 hours--by visiting Account Info and clicking on the Edit link for Member Information."

If this is the case, then passwords are most likely stored as temporary cookies and not as passwords as such.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 killmypc

killmypc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:56 PM

Yourhighness,
Unfortunately, there were no passwords there...Bummer.

jgweed,
In IE it would ask me occasionally to enter my password, which is fine, but now I have to do it every time I open Firefox, I checked my cookies, the yahoo login expires in 2037???

I'll keep digging...
I have learned that I usually have a setting wrong.......somewhere..... :thumbsup:

Thanks Again :flowers:

#5 killmypc

killmypc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:36 PM

Just REACHING here... but I noticed in my JavaScript Console in Firefox, there are about 300 errors similar to this. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Could this be any kind of issue?

Edited by killmypc, 23 September 2006 - 07:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users