Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop screen not sticking to bezel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dangoodwin1

dangoodwin1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

Hello,

I have a HP 250 G5 laptop and I took off the bezel slightly (not all the way though) but not to replace the screen, however I realised too late that on the bottom side of the screen part it had sticky adhesive that sticks to the bezel. But as I was taking off, the adhesive rips which it apparently does for hp 250 g5 screens.

But as I am not replacing the actual screen, I am left with the bottom part of the bezel slightly loose.

Is there anything I can use to stick this back down? I am thinking thin double sided tape but I don't want to prevent the bezel being taken off when I need to do it to change the screen etc.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Dan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:05 PM

Yes you make sense but your requirement is somewhat unusual !  The usual requirement is for something like Araldite, a two component resin glue, or Superglue which basically welds two items together. You want to able to split it at some time in the future.

I suggest you take a look at Hobbycraft, either their web-site or go to one of their shops if there is one reasonably near you. I think you are looking for something like that silicon sealing compound you find around sinks and showers. It is flexible and doesn't harden. A quick look at their web-site suggests they are very good on glue !

You could even try a very thin little strip of bluetack.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 884 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:26 PM

I would use the double sided tape and have used it on other laptop bezels and if the original tape is thicker then i would use 2 or 3 pieces stuck together to make it thicker for my needs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users