It is your computer and you may certainly handle it as you wish but if you can hang with me just a bit longer I have a few things I want to try.
I want to do some testing on my computer and while I do that if you are willing please do these things.
===================================================Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool - Run Fix in Normal or Safe Mode
- Right click on the FRST icon and select Run as administrator
- Highlight the below information then hit the Ctrl + C keys at the same time
- Click Fix
- When completed he tool will create a log on the desktop called Fixlog.txt
- Please attach the file in your reply.
===================================================Checking Status of Hidden Devices
- Click Start, type Device Manager then hit Enter
- Click View, then place a check mark in Show hidden devices
- Manually expand all categories and identify any items with either an exclamation point or question mark
- Include a description of those, if any, in your reply
- In addition, take a screen shot of all devices under the Universal Serial Bus Controller category whether or not they show any errors
- Attach the screen shot to your reply
===================================================Device Cleanup Utility
- Download DriveCleanup.zip and save it to your desktop
- Unzip the folder to your desktop
- You will see 2 folders, one named Win32 (for 32 bit) and the other x64 (for 64 bit)
- Double click on the appropriate folder for your computer
- Copy and paste the DriveCleanup file to the C:\Windows\System32 folder
- Press the Windows Key + R at the same time
- Type cmd, right click on cmd above and select Run as Administrator (Windows XP simply click on cmd)
- Type Drivecleanup.exe and hit Enter
- Reboot your computer
- Check for Hitman Pro warnings
Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste
any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it.
- Attached Fixlog report
- Hidden Devices?
- Drive Cleanup results?
Edited by Oh My!, 06 November 2017 - 09:51 AM.
If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message
"Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and know that you are the Holy One of God."