Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how do i export my google favorites from my laptop to my tower......

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fvpirrone

fvpirrone

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

how do i export my google favorites fro my laptop to my tower......

hi

gmail, aol mail, chase.com,diy network.com, ryaour and anian, facebook, amazon, etc, guys

i go to bookmarks, organize, and

"import bookarks from html file"

"export bookmarks to html file"

as in

Hypertext Markup Language File

anywho, can someone sort of pain engish this procedure?

frankie

how do i attach a picture?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 824 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

You want to choose EXPORT as an  html file, and pay attention the path to which you make the file.  

Make a copy of the file and take it to your target computer (your tower computer).

Open google chrome on your target computer, and using the bookmarks manager, choose IMPORT and find your file... 

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:21 PM

Cafejose is entirely correct but perhaps lacking in some detail !

Choose 'Export as HTML'. This will produce a file in a 'Save as' box. First give it a name - 'Chrome bookmarks' will do nicely and save to a memory stick you had previously connected. Remove the memory stick then connect it to your tower. Open chrome and select 'Import bookmarks from HTML'. You will get a 'File open' box, navigate to your memory stick, select the file you had just called 'Chrome bookmarks' and click 'Open'. Five more seconds and job done.

You can also do this by sending an email to your self with the HTML file as an attachment since AOL allows you to send yourself emails. Write the email on the one computer, attach the file, open the email on the other computer, download and run the attachment !

Chris Cosgrove

#4 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 824 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:57 PM

Chris Cosgrove is correct.  I did not give all the details; but only gave the essential idea.

Also, you can send the html file through  email using other email providers, too; not just through AOL.  You can do through Yahoo, Gmail, or ATT.  If computers are in the same house/apartment/room, then transferring on usb flashdrive should be preferred.

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 5,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:13 PM

One also has the option of logging in to Chrome itself and using the sync function that's a part of the browser.   You can choose what you sync, and favorites/bookmarks are among those things.

The same is true for Firefox.

I love being able to set up a new machine, log in to the browser, and have every bit of my "browsing world" appear "automagically" after a few minutes of syncing.  One can also even do this on someone else's machine if you log into the browser there.  All of these specifics vanish if you log out, as they're attached to your browser user profile.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website address in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users