Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

missing data from avi file after recovery

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 theoml

theoml

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 29 October 2017 - 05:23 PM

Hello all

Im new user and i need your help 

I was recover an important for my avi file and not play any more, when i clicking properties missing total video time and frame rate.

i can not attach the screen shoot to have better idea what i mean.

waiting for some help

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:02 PM

You could try DivFixx++ from -  https://sourceforge.net/projects/divfixpp/

or DivXRepair from -  https://sourceforge.net/projects/divxrepair/

Both of these are free downloads. I cannot say how well they work because I haven't used them. Just install your choice using the 'Custom install' route and watch out for bundled software, using 'custom' usually gives you the chance not to install this stuff.

You could also try the VLC player, from Videolan.org, a very good free player if you don't have it and it can and does repair some types of damage to AVI files.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 theoml

theoml
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:09 PM

Dear Chris

Thank ypu for rapid response , i had try all available software to open to repair thos file but nothing happent , i think to try to crack the file and add missing info manual...typing , i dont know if this is possible because im not it guy ....

Theo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users