Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant Flash9.ocx Error Messing Up Everything!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 cmmatic

cmmatic

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:58 AM

Hello,

I'm new to Bleeping Computer and I came here because I'm tearing my hair out with a problem! It seems that any page I go to, eventually a gray dialogue box will pop up saying "encountered an error with FLASH9.OCX" and then when I click okay, whatever window I had open will close. It's driving me NUTS. I tried uninstalling & reinstalling Adobe Flash Player 9, I even tried installing Flash Player 8 instead, but then I just end up with an error in FLASH8.OCX. What could be causing this?

I tried changing my display settings, updating my graphics driver, updating Windows, and nothing helps. I will also occasionally get a box on top of the FLASH9 error saying "error: ran out of memory at line __" or "encountered an error with DW15.EXE." I don't know if this is related or not.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! :thumbsup:

Thanks - Connie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:53 AM

Hi Connie, and welcome to BC.

Did you download the uninstaller program from Adobe to uninstall the flash player? You will need to unistall all versions of the flash player before installing the new version. The link below will take you to the site you will need for instructions and the download.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase...cfm?id=tn_14157

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 22 September 2006 - 01:51 PM

I'm starting to grow a larger hate for adobe as the years go on... here try this http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/

Edited by Gyro, 22 September 2006 - 01:52 PM.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:11 AM

Flashplayerwas Macromedia until Adobe aquired it so you may need to uninstall anything Macromedia as well before you can redownload it from Adobe.

#5 cmmatic

cmmatic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:57 AM

Okay, I completely uninstalled all versions and then installed Flash Player 9. It seems to have solved the problem (I haven't gotten the error message yet, fingers crossed!), but it does cause another issue...when I scroll up and down on a lot of web pages, everything flickers from white back to normal. GIF's flicker, and tables that have transparency show up without it. I'm ready to throw this computer out the window!!

#6 cmmatic

cmmatic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2006 - 09:02 AM

Well, so much for the finger-crossing...I just got the error again, encountered an error in FLASH9.OCX and will now close, and it closed my browser window.

>>tears!<<

#7 cmmatic

cmmatic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2006 - 09:12 AM

Also, almost every single page I open has the "Done but with errors on page" in the lower left.

#8 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:26 PM

Make a hijack log.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

#9 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2006 - 12:43 PM

In Internet Explorer click on "Tools" then "Internet Options, then the Advanced tab and make sure "Display Notification of Every Script Error" does not have a check mark to the left of it and that "Disable Script Debuging Internet Explorer" and Disable Script Debuging Other" are both checked.

That should get rid of the error notification on the bottom left which have nothing to do with the flash player or its problem but rather poorly written web pages.

#10 ifixmyprob2

ifixmyprob2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:19 PM

I had same problem, and this is how I fixed mine. If you can't download files to your computer use a friends and a disk

(1) Download Adobe flash player uninstall, fp9_debug_archive (all prev versions of adobe flash), and adobe shock wave player 11 from adobe.com.
(2) Log in as administrator if you're not already
(3) install shockwave player 11 and restart
(4) run flash unistaller and restart
(5) unzip fp9 folder and install 9r47 "flashplayer_9r47_winax_debug"
(6) restart and you should be golden.

*** If you visit a site and it prompts you to install latest adobe flash active x or player choose no! They need to fix SP3 bug that doesn't gel with latest adobe flash yet

#11 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:08 AM

I had same problem, and this is how I fixed mine. If you can't download files to your computer use a friends and a disk

(1) Download Adobe flash player uninstall, fp9_debug_archive (all prev versions of adobe flash), and adobe shock wave player 11 from adobe.com.
(2) Log in as administrator if you're not already
(3) install shockwave player 11 and restart
(4) run flash unistaller and restart
(5) unzip fp9 folder and install 9r47 "flashplayer_9r47_winax_debug"
(6) restart and you should be golden.

But this is a 9x ME forum the newest version of Adobe Flash you can install is Flash Player 9.0.124.0 (IE) is you are using IE. Or Flash Player 9.0.124.0 (Non-IE) if your not using IE. Which installs Flash9f.ocx.

Even though Flash Player 10 RC (IE) says its for all Windows versions it won't install is says incorrect or incompatable OS. :thumbsup:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/tech/

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#12 fatum

fatum

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:09 AM

You can just try updating your flash9.ocx

#13 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:17 AM

get firefox 2 or opera and see if any of them work
why use ie when you can use some thing so much better

and theres lots of links when i paste encountered an error with FLASH9.OCX into google

Edited by starcraftmaster, 09 June 2009 - 01:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users