Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 won't boot properly after installing GRUB & Ubuntu

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dj505

dj505

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

I hope this is the right section for this, since it's not a BSOD/crash/etc.

So I just recently got done installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 10, and everything semed to work fine - GRUB menu shows up alright and I can boot into Ubuntu from there. But the Windows Boot Manager option there doesn't work properly. Whenever I select it, I get an error message saying

Recovery

Your PC couldn't start properly.

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error code: 0xc0000225

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any isntallation media (like a CD or USB 
device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

Press Enter to try again
Press F1 to enter Recovery Environment
Predd F8 for Startup Settings
Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings

All the options listed bring me back to the same screen except Esc.

However, when I hit Esc and change the boot order by bumping the 'ubuntu' option down below HDD0: and Windows Boot Manager, it boots straight into Windows just fine. What should I do to fix this?

Edited by dj505, 29 October 2017 - 03:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users