Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Repair Tool Download

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dean66

dean66

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

I keep seeing the message,"Yahoo is not responding due to long running script."  After months of this, today I went to Yahoo.com and from there downloaded Error Repair Tool.  Ended up with "Tech Utilities" installed and I hit the SCAN button.  After some time the result of the scan was 581 issues found on my pc.  In order to fix the issues, however, it was recommended that I REGISTER the program, which involved, of course, $$.  I am so fed up with being led by the nose with the impression that my issue will be fixed, only to be held up for money after wasting my time.  Are there no honest websites anymore?  Really??? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

I suspect you clicked on an ad, not a Yahoo message, and downloaded a PUP (potentially unwanted program). I would just uninstall it.

#3 dean66

dean66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:52 PM

Already done.  Thank you!  Is there a forum or tutorial about the long-running script issue? 

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:10 PM

That largely depends on what webpage or pages you are viewing in Yahoo when the error occurs.

I suspect it's when you are viewing your Yahoo mail. If so, you might want to have a look at this link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/yahoocom-not-responding-due-to-long-running-script/b52cd3fe-b8eb-4d10-8cc6-b92ccdeaca98?auth=1

#5 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:51 AM

Do you see the problem on www.yahoo.com or some link you click from the Yahoo! WWW page?

If you keep waiting does the WWW site eventually respond?

There is nothing you can do about long running script messages since the scripts are not running on your system - the scripts are running on the web page you are visiting and that makes it someone else's problem (aslo known as SEP).

It could be the script is poorly or inefficiently written or is having some errors that you will never seem and will never be able to fix.

The issue is probably consistent with just certain WWW sites (sometimes Facebook has this problem).

You can contact the owner of the site and let them know, you can look in their online community support for similar reports but there is no adjustment you can make that will make their scripts run faster.

You can disable the display of some of the scripting type messages in Internet Explorer options or by clicking the Start button/orb and in the box enter:

inetcpl.cpl

Then under the Advanced tab you can disable the display of these kinds of messages:

[attachment=199206:Untitled.jpg]

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users