Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD occurs after each boot time at least once or more than once sometimes

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 zack61w

zack61w

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:56 AM

Hello, I'm getting BSOD pretty frequently. When I boot the system, after few mins or hours it occurs. Here's the standard BSOD error windowbox: 

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 16393

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode: 124
  BCP1: 0000000000000000
  BCP2: FFFFFA8002ADA038
  BCP3: 00000000B2000040
  BCP4: 0000000000000800
  OS Version: 6_1_7601
  Service Pack: 1_0
  Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\102817-22339-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Anugraha\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-93272-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I've also attached the *Sysnative dump file collection* And specify snapshot: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/f0QR23tDS5qmSk0xPDJzHQv

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:48 PM

Hi,

Please do the following...

:step1: Upload MEMORY.DMP

• Press and hold the Windows Key + R on your keyboard at the same time.
• In the Run box, type in %WinDir% and hit Enter on your keyboard.
• Find the file MEMORY.DMP and copy/paste it on to your Desktop.
• Zip up MEMORY.DMP (use .ZIP please!!!) and upload it to a trustworthy file-sharing service.

#3 zack61w

zack61w
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:21 PM

Hi,

Please do the following...

:step1: Upload MEMORY.DMP

• Press and hold the Windows Key + R on your keyboard at the same time.
• In the Run box, type in %WinDir% and hit Enter on your keyboard.
• Find the file MEMORY.DMP and copy/paste it on to your Desktop.
• Zip up MEMORY.DMP (use .ZIP please!!!) and upload it to a trustworthy file-sharing service.

Hi, Thanks for the reply!

I can't seem to find the MEMORY.DMP file in the windows directory, can find with the minidump folder with dump files...

EDIT: I've successfully found a way to get memory.dmp. Here's the link for MEMORY.DMP: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0lo34YFouo2MDlBbHBaeUczYm8/view?usp=sharing

Edited by zack61w, 01 November 2017 - 07:48 AM.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,487 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:19 PM

First, I'd like to apologize for the tardy response. I've been very busy these past few weeks...

The dumps in the uploaded reports all indicate STOP 0x00000124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bugchecks. The majority of BSOD analysts agree that 0x124s usually point to hardware issues, but in my opinion, they are just very generic crashes — anything from hardware to software can be the cause. (In fact, a few weeks ago, I found AVG to be a culprit!)

As I don't have a lot of time to post any detailed analysis, I'll leave you with two suggestions. First, if possible, please update the drivers for your HUAWEI modem, or better yet, disconnect it from the system completely. Second, please reinstall your NVIDIA graphics driver using version 306.23 as this is the driver version approved by ASUS, your graphics card manufacturer. When reinstalling your graphics drivers, I recommend wiping them clean with DDU and following the procedure below:

Please perform a Custom Installation, as demonstrated below:
3SKjXsp.jpg
When you click Next, make sure you only install the Graphics Driver (and the PhysX System Software if you're a gamer). Also check Perform a clean installation (see below). Most importantly, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL ANY 3D DRIVERS!!! They are known to cause odd issues.
1bTMUDx.jpg

Let me know how the system behaves after doing the above....

Edited by bwv848, 04 November 2017 - 09:19 PM.

#5 zack61w

zack61w
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:26 AM

No worries man, I respect your busy schedule, you're just helping me out here and I appreciate that. 

I did as you said uninstalled the driver completely and installed 306.23 driver and even uninstalled, disconnected the HUAWEI modem. But still getting those FREAKING annoying BSOD. I even ran furmark GPU stress test, no error or BSOD occurred during the test. 

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,487 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2017 - 07:09 PM

Can you send me MEMORY.DMP again? I still honestly believe this is a software issue.

#7 zack61w

zack61w
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:12 AM

I hope its an software issue as well, btw I used the system in safe mode for about a hour, no BSOD's. Anyways here's the recent memory.dmp https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rfMS9N-fe2RdyF1rLWN2IF1qBeR7f0fz/view?usp=sharing

Thanks! 

Edited by zack61w, 06 November 2017 - 10:13 AM.

#8 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,487 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

I'm seeing lots of networking and graphics calls again. :( BTW, I've noticed that the crash seems to often occur when Chrome is open... is that true?

One "suspicious" (in our context) program I came across is Malwarebytes... I suggest you remove it and run their cleaning tool.

If that doesn't help, please run Driver Verifier for 24 hours: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576333/driver-verifier-bsod-related-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Edited by bwv848, 06 November 2017 - 10:26 AM.

#9 zack61w

zack61w
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:42 AM

I did a clean uninstall of malwarebytes, did get a BSOD after that. Then I ran Driver Verier and got a VERIFIER_ENABLED BSOD 

I've uploaded the minidump file!!  :huh: 

Attached Files

Edited by zack61w, 07 November 2017 - 04:45 AM.

#10 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,487 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:59 AM

Hi, zack61w, :)

Did Driver Verifier produce anymore BSODs? The attached dump file is quite strange — it blames a Windows networking driver, for which it cannot find any symbols for. But it is still networking-related. I'd like to ensure the integrity of system files, please run the System File Checker utility:

:step1: System File Checker

• Click Start, enter cmd.exe in the Search box, right-click on cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator.
  • Type the following command and hit ENTER:
sfc /SCANNOW
  • After the scan is finished, you will see one of three things:
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.
  • If you see either of the two latter messages, please immediately enter the following command:
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"
  • Then, attach sfcdetails.txt, which is found on your Desktop, in your next reply.

Also, I'd like you to start these hardware diagnostics: http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Edited by bwv848, 08 November 2017 - 12:06 PM.

#11 zack61w

zack61w
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:07 PM

Hi, bwv848.  :)

Strange, I haven't got any BSOD's till now...

Did the system file checker, ended up with "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations" 

I've done the http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html tests but will do it once again. Thanks!  :unsure:

EDIT: Coincidence, I just received a BSOD lol I've attached the recent minidump file! Guess that's caused by driver verifier? 

Attached Files

Edited by zack61w, 08 November 2017 - 01:40 PM.

#12 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,487 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:27 PM

Hi,

This time the dump blames a third-party driver: rtwlanu.sys. From my research, it's a driver for a USB networking dongle. Please update the drivers for that device, or even better — remove the device (physically!) and its driver from the system. BTW, did you install this device after removing the HUAWEI modem? I generally do not recommend USB networking things, as they are prone to problem... the most common... BSODs.

I should have mentioned this earlier, but can you update your BIOS (it's a decade old!), ensure Windows is fully updated (only 77 hotfixes installed), and update all your drivers from your motherboard's website?

Once you have done the above, please also send me a photo of your PSU voltages as read from the BIOS. Continue to run Driver Verifier for a few more hours and see whether if it comes up with anything else.

Regards,

bwv848

Edited by bwv848, 08 November 2017 - 03:27 PM.

#13 zack61w

zack61w
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:02 AM

Hello,

Uninstalled the USB wlan, it's drivers and disconnected it. Still getting those BSODs, it's not even driver verifier BSODs it's the usual 0x124...

Actually it's an old PC, I've the recent BIOS for my motherboard. The funny thing is the motherboard manufacturer website stopped support for this motherboard where I can't find new BIOS OR ANYTHING. It's a white motherboard where certain models are neglected by the manufacturer for further support. But I did manage to get the necessary drivers. Wanted to make this pc okay for beginner gaming, I'm loosing hopes now as I think it's something hardware related..

I've uploaded my PSU voltage Pic and the bsod I've been getting. Thank you for your time :)

Sure I'll update my operating system and notify you.

Attached Files

Edited by zack61w, 09 November 2017 - 01:18 AM.

#14 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,487 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:25 PM

Everything looks okay in the BIOS. Is it possible to remove your graphics card completely from the system and just use on-board graphics instead?

#15 zack61w

zack61w
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:05 AM

hey bwv848,

Sorry for the SO late response, I didn't use this PC for a few days. Yes I did as you said. Used the internal VGA and disconnected the Graphics card. Been getting the same BSOD , Although the rate of BSOD occurring is less tho comparing with the BSOD with graphic card :(

Edited by zack61w, 18 November 2017 - 02:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users