Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

turn off and on the router, and what are these devices

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:06 PM

The topic maybe should be in "Service Providers" instead of here but not sure;

How do you turn off and turn on the/just the router?

The main computer here has connected with it, some internet devices so that all computers in this place can have internet access and some to have wireless internet access.  There are three of these internet devices associated with the main computer:  A narrow black box with green lamps in from and plugs & plug receptacles in the back; a small narrow box labeled "wireless access point",  with a double-arrowed button on the front and a couple of flickering lamps; and just under this box is a big gray box that works as some type of power or battery supply but is also connected to A.C. source.  

How do I turn off the router?  If I know what the router is, can I simply disconnect it as a way to turn it off and later just plug it back again to turn it on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 588 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:40 PM

What is the model number of all the devices. From the model numbers of each device, you can determine which device it the router.

A. Lattimore

CCNA, CWNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCT, MCP, Security+, Server+, Linux+, Network+, A+, CNST

Network Security Engineer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users