Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Photoshop Elements 1.0.1 on Windows 7 64

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Inset irises

Inset irises

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:11 PM

Two questions...

1.  Will this CD work with Windows 7 64?

2.  Are the newer versions better?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

1.)  It's "iffy".  Since it was intended for Windows 98 (I think) which is DOS based, all you can do is try. IF it will install, then run in Windows98 or ME compatibility mode. If it won't run, you can always uninstall it. No harm in trying. You can also try various Virtual Machine programs, but it can be a pain to get them to run properly, and it is hit or miss if it will run properly if you can get it to load.

I have an old Windows 98 box that I keep running just for nostalgia and old DOS games that are a riot to play. Again, some of these games can be coaxed to run in a virtual machine, but there are random crashes, some will only run in a small box on the screen, colors and effects are warped or weird at various places, and so forth.

2.)  Of course, the newer versions will be better. More tools, more options, etc. and are coded for NTFS.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 Inset irises

Inset irises
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:19 PM

Thanks for the reply.  One thing I noticed right away is that the red eye fix on new versions is one click, vs. the multi-step

process in Elements 1.0.1, so presumably the other functions are easier as well in the newer versions.

I've never used compatibility mode.

I'm trying to clear out old hardware and software, as I have no other legacy machines that have a cd drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users