Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect to the internet Wi-Fi after using adware cleaner

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mistergreg

Mistergreg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

Hello everyone, how is it going?
Anyway, every once in a while I use adware cleaner to make sure that my PC doesn't have any malware/spyware , or just junk in it. However this time it disabled my internet connection and I can't seem to restore it, I've already reseted winsock on a friendly advice, but it did nothing and I was hoping to get the help of someone more experienced than me. I've already ran a scanning tool and the results are attached.

Edit: I'm sorry, I know some of it is in Spanish, I hope is not a problem :(

Attached Files

• Attached File  MTB.txt   44.21KB   6 downloads

Edited by Mistergreg, 28 October 2017 - 05:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 725 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

Hi, welcome to the forums, I don't read Spanish, however it appears you have two network adapters, Ethernet and WiFi , both show as disabled. Press the win + r keys together in the run box type:-  devmgmt.msc (press ok) 

Device manager will open, navigate to your network adapters, right click and select uninstall. Restart computer and windows will reinstall the devices, check internet then.

Malwarebytes AdwareCleaner is usually pretty safe, although you should always explore what it finds and wants to remove, I don't suppose you kept a copy of the Log it produces.

#3 Mistergreg

Mistergreg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2017 - 05:37 AM

OK, thank you. That actually did it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users