Hope everyone of you is fine. My computer system is DELL laptop windows 7 ultimate x64 with 4GB RAM, 128 GB graphics card and model is N5110i
So it has been happening for quite a while and ever since it started happening, i mistook the issue to have to do something with the computer RAM since my Laptop 's pretty old one and i thought maybe the RAM has given way and that's why the computer is lagging, and it took quite a few seconds , almost as much as sometimes 15-20 seconds when i tried opening a new tab in google chrome browser.
But, before any of this had started occurring, my laptop had a technical malfunction one day, where the blue screen appeared and then when i tried restarting it, it would not start. I pressed the power button and tried numerous times, but within 2-3 seconds of having started, it would shut off. At that point i thought, maybe the issue is RAM related, and maybe the RAM is burnt off or something and since i did not know where the problem could be, well a repair lab seemed like an inevitable option.
I took the PC to a technician, and all he basically ended up doing was reconnect a few things, i think (sorry i don't remember the details, and also i was not there when it was being carried out) cleaning , and fixing the laptop's heating conduit/conductor cream but HE told me that there was nothing wrong with the RAM of the computer. Now the issue of delayed loading in PC tasks and in browser opening started to appear after i had brought the PC back from its service. I thought maybe the Issue is RAM related after all, but after 2 weeks, the issue of delayed loading were becoming more frequent and became pretty much annoying. Sometimes, even when i had a few of the tabs opened and i returned back to those tabs, then they would be completely blank, as if the computer somehow flushed it out of its memory and was keeping the record in hard disk somewhere and took sometime to display the result of that tab. Even searching something on youtube search bar would halt the PC.
Frustrated, , i looked towards using the ComboFix because i already had the Symantec Endpoint Protection installed but I wanted to give it a try anyhow. And Voila, my PC has returned to normal operation again right after i restarted it by running the ComboFix.
The log file is attached, and my suspicion is that the Technician had somehow intentionally or unintenionally ended up infecting my computer with a malware, that even evaded its detection from my "Updated" Symantec Endpoint Protection Anti Virus.
I have attached the report, and I do hope you find something that would let other people know , what kind of malware they might have to deal with. Please let me know if I would need do more to rid my PC of any lingering issues.
Edited by mhas12, 28 October 2017 - 04:04 PM.