I am trying to connect to my work lab by using DDNS and can't get it to work.
My goal is to work remotely on my ESXi virtual environment for my CCIE study.
I tryed every guide possible about DDNS implementation, this is what I come up so far:
I got windows 7 connected to the internet via wifi with ZTE dongle (Netstick) on one adapter, and another to my ESXi virtual lab environment.
Last guide I followed was this one - http://woshub.com/port-forwarding-in-windows/
1. DUC client (no-ip DDNS program) installed on my Lab PC at work
2. Created DDNS-name properly and im leaving the client running all the time on my Lab PC
3. Lab PC config (through admin cmd):
netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenport=3340 listenaddress=192.168.101.10 connectport=3389 connectaddress=DDNS-name
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="RDP_3340" dir=in action=allow localport=3340 protocol=TCP remoteip=any profile="Domain"
4. Home PC config (through admin cmd):
netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenport=3340 listenaddress=10.0.0.1 connectport=3389 connectaddress=DDNS-name
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="RDP_3340" protocol=TCP dir=out localip=10.0.0.1 localport=3340 remoteip=any action=allow profile="Domain"
5. Both windows firewalls are turned off completely and DUC was allowed specifically in the "allow application on windows firewall"
6. Antivirus is disabled on home PC (Nod32), and on lab PC I dont have antivirus installed.
7. On my home PC I configured Port Forwarding to allow ranges between 3340 to 3390 TCP & UDP (just in case i dunno what)
8. On my Lab PC I dont have access in anyway to a router/gateway because I am connected to the internet with the ZTE Netstick.
When trying to connect from home PC to lab PC im doing Winkey+R --> mstsc --> DDNS-name:3340 on home PC and no success.
Any idea's what Im missing here? I cant get it to work!
Thank you in advance,