Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Network Has Got Itself Very Confused

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TrapezeArtist

TrapezeArtist

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

I started digging into these issues because I can't access my Lacie Cloudbox NAS from my computer (Windows 10 laptop). It used to work until some (forgotten) change was made to my machine. It still works on my wife's computer (similar Windows 10 laptop).

The basic problem is that my Genie Timeline backup software can't access the NAS and I can't access it in File Explorer either. Looking at File Explorer and clicking on Network on the left hand panel, the right hand panel looks like this:
159185d1508504331-network-has-got-itself
So File Explorer seems to think that the NAS is a computer and the computer is a media device. Something is screwed up here, surely?
Double-clicking LACIE-CLOUDBOX under Computer gets the message "Windows cannot access \\LACIE-CLOUDBOX" with error code 0x80070035.
Double-clicking LaCie-Cloudbox under Media Devices opens the Cloudbox Dashboard.
Double-clicking PAUL-LAPTOP opens Windows Media Player.

If I go to This PC in the left panel, the right panel looks like this:
159186d1508504669-network-has-got-itself
Double-clicking LaCie-Cloudbox under Network Locations shows folders for Music, Photos and Videos, and they do appear to contain the backed up music, photos and videos. But there is no other backup showing.

I've tried various solutions suggested on various forums to resolve the "Windows cannot access ......." but without any success.

Should I give up, re-install Windows and then the NAS? (Sounds a horrific task.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users