I have a Windows 7 desktop PC, which currently has a conventional keyboard and mouse, each connected with wired USB.
As I often use my PC as a media centre, I am considering getting a mini wireless keyboard/touchpad so I could also control my PC easier when sitting away from it. I was thinking of something like this:
With this in mind, could you please advise:
1) Is it okay to have these three things plugged into my PC at the same time?
- Wired USB mouse.
- Wired USB keyboard.
- Dongle for mini wireless keyboard/touchpad.
2) Will Windows 7 get "confused" if wired and wireless input devices (as above) are connected simultaneously?
3) Can I easily switch between wired and wireless input devices without having to change settings in Windows 7 (e.g. specify a default)?
4) Is it feasible to have basic control of Window 7 with a mini wireless keyboard/touchpad, for example to open up a web browser and play a video on YouTube?