Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Tethering Issue in Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bonscottmc

Bonscottmc

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:59 AM

I'm currently using my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to connect my computer to the internet via USB tethering, but I'm constantly having trouble with it. It seems to drop out after a certain time, and anything to do with network settings etc will freeze up and I'll have to restart my computer (which also freezes up at times). I've noticed it happens more so when I'm trying to download larger files or playing online video games.

The only way I can get a constant connection is by using something like PdaNet+, but that makes my connection horribly laggy when playing games.

I've seen solutions suggesting to change the Samsung Network Adapter driver to certain Microsoft drivers (Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device, Remote NDIS Compatible Device, or USB RNDIS6) none of 
which have worked for me.

I've noticed a few warnings in Event Viewer which may be of help to someone who understands it: 

The network interface "USB RNDIS6 Adapter #2" has begun resetting.  There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver detected that its hardware has stopped responding to commands. This network interface has reset 1 time(s) since it was last initialized.

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&MS_COMP_MTP&SAMSUNG_Android\6&50e9df9&3&0000.

Name resolution for the name api.steampowered.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Edited by Bonscottmc, 28 October 2017 - 03:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users