Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with dropping ssh though linux router

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pomtom44

pomtom44

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:15 AM

Hey all 
Back again with yet another networking question
(Sorry if this is in the wrong location, is a bit of a mix between linux, and networking)

This time there is the setup 
I have a linux router, doing portforwarding using IPtables. 
External client logs into internal server using ssh on routers external IP

What im looking for is a graceful way to close the connection 
Not block it, just close it. 
Currently I am adding a forward drop to the top of the tables list, and that breaks the connection, but it doesn't drop it properly, and as soon as I remove the rule, the connection just pops back up

What im wanting is for when I drop the connection, the client drops properly and has to re connect to the server, rather than just auto connecting 
(If that makes any sense?)

And yes I know there is a timeout, (putty will timeout if no connection is made within a certain time), but I want it to work for everything, even if the timeout isn't set on the client side

Thanks again for any help, and fingers crossed there is a good way of doing this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users